Coats again!!

Dickyboy

Anyone used Ridgeline or stoneycreek or hunters element stuff? Kiwi Import, it looks and sounds good but just want to know if it get used here by anyone?

look back or search for ridgeline thread

i have a ridgeline roar jacket bought for 99 quid the previous thread had the link to the page....dunnoe if still get it for 99 quid or not

had it on at the grouse beating in galeforce winds on top o the angus glens in horizontal persisting down rain and it was a godsend.....

it was amazing for the cash

believe they do a smock style jacke t too similar to swazi.....ridgleine monsoon i think.it called

limited experience of em but mine has been very very positive....on the back of it would buy any of rest o their cut

sauer /paul

i have two stoneycreek smocks very good value ,one is waterproof and the other is showerproof ,only problem is they only have one breast pocket

I have the ridgeline monsoon jacket, the dogs b***ocks in my opinion. Stood up to some real weather the winter just gone, highly recommended

I bought a Ridgeline Roar Euro Jacket BR Cammo Jacket (Size: XL). I wasn't impressed how the hood was attached and sent it back without wearing it. I also wasn't impressed with the quality of the stitching or finish of the jacket.

The hunt still goes on for a quiet, lightweight waterproof realtree jacket. The best jacket I have had is a Shark one, but they aren't made any more.

Rgds JCS

Most of my stuff is stoney creek. It is probably the most popular brand of hunting clothes used in the high country of Australia. Great stuff. Even though they're not advertised as fully waterproof, the sambar jacket and the sika top both really take a soaking before you get wet. The shooters jacket really is fully waterproof.

The Stoney Creek gear also takes a lot of physical abuse and rough use in it's stride. Great gear.

I bought the Ridgeline monsoon a few months ago, I paid £130 for it, and for the money its great, it is as waterproof as they claim, and it is 'silent' material. Only snags I have with it are that they aren't really as breathable as they claim so I will limit myself to using it just for cold winter work, and the only other thing I dislike is that if you aren't using the hood and have its stowed away in the collar then you really will choke yourself if you try to zip it right the way up, it really does make the collar rather snug!
But at £200 less than the Swazi, you really can't go wrong.

Dickyboy
I brought back a Hunters Element XTR jacket in 2009. On balance it is lovely warm coat, totally windproof, with some really good features, the hood is spot on, only problem is you sweat like hell!
I have been out stalking in some s**t weather up in Dunoon over the last couple of years had snow rain the lot in Feb.
There is a new version of the xtr out now, so that might be more breathable.
Hope that helps.
Wilf

This years Monsoon 2 is significantly different to the previous jacket. Completely new designed hood and neck, which actually zips up well and is very comfortable, unlike the previous neck brace. The cuffs are a new design also, with an internal neoprene type inner cuff and an outer velcro adjusting cuff. There are also 2 hand warmer pockets at hip height which were not there on the previous jacket. All round some very good improvements for this year.
Compared to Rivers West kit I recon the Monsoon is more breathable, the Rivers West being very warm but if you had either one of these jackets I think you'd be sorted.

Last edited:
Back