Thread: Roe Fawn

Roe Fawn

Had a guy out for the AM stalk today ,we saw my first fawn this year ,we watched for 2 or 3 minutes as the doe was a bit uneasy picking up our scent , moved over to her fawn and nudged it with her nose ,getting it up to follow her off
    We never got on a buck, but made my day and i think my client KGB enjoyed watching
    this aswell
    Have any of you guys seen fawns yet

Nice one hope its not to early and frosts have finished it must be a reasonable size for the doe to move it.good bit of experiance for someone new to stalking.saw a couple of very bloted looking does this Am but no fawns/kids

I was out on Thursday morning.

I saw an extremely fat looking roe doe, looking like she was ready to burst.

Won't be long!!

Cheers

Ross

It was a great morning and something incredible to see, my thanks go to Colin and I learnt a lot that morning. It was def worth the drive

Karl

Nice one Colin as always on top of your game see u soon

does very big and very secretive here colin no kids seen yet.
    i'll make tha call tomorrow

Heard you were up this way wee while ago John you should have
    given me a call for a walk out

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    Heard you were up this way wee while ago John you should have
    given me a call for a walk out
    I would have but I made the numbers up on a trip through someone cancelling and i had no say on the trip.
    I will make a special trip to see you soon.

I have seen no kids as yet this tear in either Hampshire or the Cotswolds where I stalk, but as previous posts say, all my does are ready to pop and are staying very close to the woodland margins. Many are out feeding throughout the day. Will keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Cervus13 View Post
    I have seen no kids as yet this tear in either Hampshire or the Cotswolds where I stalk, but as previous posts say, all my does are ready to pop and are staying very close to the woodland margins. Many are out feeding throughout the day. Will keep you posted!
    Lots of very portly does being seen out and about late afternoon up my way also........................Watched a doe a few nights ago, she knew I was there but didn't seem to keen to leave the immediate area, I did wonder if she had dropped an early kid close by.