Wild boer in Burlin on BBc

roedeerred

just seen news item Berlin has problems with boar in the city streets they have employed a hunter to shoot them as they are making a mess of cemetrys and parks also biting people who will not feed them:scared:
likend to foxes in brtish cities

Saw that clip. Looking forward to seing them in our country side in those sort of numbers. Be worth getting hog caseings in bulk buckets then ;)

Wild Boar have always been a problem in Berlin and are quite often featured in the the local (German) newspapers.
About two years ago an armed guard (German Jaegers) were put on the main cemetary in Berlin as the Boar were in straight after funerals trying to dig up the bodies and eating the floral tributes.
I can't remember the exact number but over a period of a week something like one hundred were shot.

could it make funerals cheaper :evil: . I have heard of leaveing bodies to sciance but donating for boar baiting:cuckoo:
Cloud it be a business oppertunity:idea:

Boar are also a problem in the suberbs of Paris, i have a copy of sangler- passion that has an article on them having a wildboar shoot in one of the suberbs (La Foret de saint-germain en Laye) when hunters were called in by the police after the boar were attacking the local joggers and dog walkers .This area has between 2 and 3 million visitors a year!!
The police closed a lot of roads around the area so the pigs could be driven accross them to the standing guns ,this was done on a sunday morrning on the 22nd October 2008.

Bob

i lived in Berlin for 5 yrs and there was an annual shoot in the grunnyveld forest where over 200 boar were shot,the British military cemetery is on the heir strasse the main road that runs through Berlin and is at the side of the forest.Berlin itself is built within the forest and for the 5 yrs i was there the numbers were low and you never saw any in the streets. It just goes to show what a good cull and an effective management plan can do

In Saarbrucken, Germany there is a natural cemetery located in the woods where you can be interred under a tree with no markings for a more eco send-off.
They were using ash containers made from compressed corn meal for the full eco monty. Buried 1.5 metres deep.
Yes guess what happened. The piggies sniffed it out and were digging them up.
I hear the containers are now of another material.
If using pigs works for truffles, why not boar.
Martin

just seen news item Berlin has problems with boar in the city streets they have employed a hunter to shoot them as they are making a mess of cemetrys and parks also biting people who will not feed them:scared:
likend to foxes in brtish cities

Programme is showing on and off on sky National Geographic Wild. Title Invaders .Lasts about 1 hr. All about boar problems in Germany and even worse in Australia. Shows urban hunters in high seats.Well worth the watch if you can catch it.

Back