Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: biten

biten

hello all,

I have just been down to thetford stalking and i have been bitten by some insect on my little finger.
    But at first there was a small pin ***** bruise where it bit but now it has gone all around it and has swollen up and my fore arm underneath and elbow are red and swollen what could bite and make this happen .

anyway just going to be checked out.

regards
    chris

sounds nasty Chris.. did u feel it bite or did u see the insect? Sounds like your doing the right thing by having it checked out. How was the stalking?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    hello all,

I have just been down to thetford stalking and i have been bitten by some insect on my little finger.
    But at first there was a small pin ***** bruise where it bit but now it has gone all around it and has swollen up and my fore arm underneath and elbow are red and swollen what could bite and make this happen .

anyway just going to be checked out.

regards
    chris
    My guess would be a horse fly bit. They can get quite swollen if bitten badly.

Hope you are on the mend soon Chris.

Cheers

Ross

hi mate i did not feel a thing stalking was great untill things started to swell i got 3 munty and a roe buck on friday then it was all down hill i could not even have a jacket next to my arm.

chris make sure you get it checked if its travelling up your arm its infected could be a horeflt or even a mosquito
    atb tom

There were some strange little flies around this year which I've not seen before and they bite like hell!
    They seemed to swarm around the backsides of the Reds and looked like little horse flies. Me and my brother both got bitten by them whilst gralloching some reds. They didn't seem to affect me, but my brother had some very itchy swollen lumps on his arms.
    Yours doesn't sound good if it has spread that far! Sounds more like an allergic reaction of some kind. Probably need some antibiotics or antihistemine I reckon. Definitely should get it looked at before it gets worse. You don't want to end up with septicemia!!
    Good Luck!
    MS

Sounds a bit like a gadfly or wood/forest fly bite, b@st@rd things, they can and will bite through thin material as I've found out to my disdain.

Almost defo horsefly/gadfly. Hands are the worst as you don't have much loose tissue to swell up. Itches like hell then swells up. Get some piriton tabs. It helps sometimes. Some people react worse than others

For the uninitiated, the wood/forest fly, when settled have green delta shaped wings and bright emerald green eyes, fly quite slowly and silently, quite easy to swat, but bite like hell !!!

P.S. About the same size as a gadfly, probably from the same family.
    Last edited by callie; 01-05-2011 at 12:31. Reason: to add P.S.

Horseflys CUT the skin when they bite rather than PEIRCING, possibly a mosquitoe bite .

( small inflammed lump,becoming very itchy.)

By the sound of things you may be Allergic. In which case your right get it checked out by your GP.

Rgds, Buck.

PS. You could always play on it and get her indoors to apply some TLC.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 01-05-2011 at 14:59.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"