Thread: Jack Pyke?

Jack Pyke?

What's the quality like of the Jack Pyke range of clothing? My last 2 jackets have been from the bottom end of the Deer Hunter range (Fox and Ranger). I've found these jackets to be perfect for what I want out of a stalking jacket except for one detail. They are designed for American hunting during the "Fall", and are a bit on the brown side for use in a UK wood at the height of summer when all is green and verdant (nice word, I like that). The new English Oak pattern looks a bit more in keeping.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

i have a deerhunter ram reversable. i know what you mean about being a bit brown but i always wear it green side out anyway. if i bought another jacket it would be a ram with hitena (no camo). my brother has a jack pyke jacket and i sreally pleased with it. maybe not as quiet as the deerhunter but not bad

I know someone who was with me in some of Scotland's finest mist (read "Stair rods" or "whole water"!) rained solidly all day.
    his jack pyke seemed to leak at every seam and across the shoulder panel.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I know someone who was with me in some of Scotland's finest mist (read "Stair rods" or "whole water"!) rained solidly all day.
    his jack pyke seemed to leak at every seam and across the shoulder panel.
    I'm only after a "combat jacket" type of coat, so not being waterproof is not a major concern. In fact, if it's billed as a waterproof jacket I'd not buy it. I always dress in layers, that way the same jacket does for all seasons and water resistance is provided by an outer layer as and when it rains.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.