Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BASC - Have your say

BASC - Have your say

The much anticipated "have your say" feature has gone live on the BASC web site. Please take a moment to view this new facility and maybe respond to the topic should you feel inclined.

Not quite what some were expecting, I know, but at least its a start.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/have-your-say/index.cfm
    Last edited by Iwrch; 05-05-2011 at 15:44.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

A very small toe in the water!, but nevertheless a right & proper move, .............. for the future.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

As finnbear says, a step in the right direction.
    I can understand that it could lead to some contentious comments but it seems a bit counter-productive to only allow members to post views/comments.
    As an ex-member of BASC (20yrs membership) it would have been good to give my reasons for leaving the organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    As finnbear says, a step in the right direction.
    I can understand that it could lead to some contentious comments but it seems a bit counter-productive to only allow members to post views/comments.
    As an ex-member of BASC (20yrs membership) it would have been good to give my reasons for leaving the organisation.
    Only members allowed to comment? What else would you honestly expect from a membership association?

I'm sorry you felt unable to remain a member after so many years. Did you consider commuinicating your reasons for leaving via the contact us facility? If not, I would urge you still do so. Unless the Association is made aware of people's reasons for not renewing their membership, how can they be addressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Did you consider commuinicating your reasons for leaving via the contact us facility? If not, I would urge you still do so. Unless the Association is made aware of people's reasons for not renewing their membership, how can they be addressed?
    Thanks for the suggestion, I did exchange e.mails with a member of BASC staff at the time.
    Last edited by downwind; 01-05-2011 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, I did exchange e.mails with a member of BASC staff at the time.
    So I take it your concerns remained unresolved? After such a long association I imagine you can't have found it easy to sever your links. That's very sad.

Just had a look at it, rather restricted in content for a "trial" in my view, subject matter is from an area of interest to those can afford to get out & about a little further than most, so I would expect to see this trial gather some dust.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just had a look at it, rather restricted in content for a "trial" in my view, subject matter is from an area of interest to those can afford to get out & about a little further than most, so I would expect to see this trial gather some dust.
    You are right Steve, red tape concerning taking firearms abroad although worthy of consideration is hardly a burning topic affecting the vast majority of the membership. I suspect you are right it will gather dust and then the collective membership will be told that the idea did not seem to be welcomed by them. I see that it has still attracted zero interest, it may have been better if the topic had more interest to a wider audience.

How about the great difference in the way that the Police grant FAC's and the interpretation of the H.O. guidelines? One suggestion could be that BASC take a more active role in liaising with the Police over this, and what about a page on the website to inform the membership of progress or lack of it. I expect we would be told that BASC do indeed liaise with the Police over this and that it is on the website, buried where I have no idea.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    So I take it your concerns remained unresolved? After such a long association I imagine you can't have found it easy to sever your links. That's very sad.
    +1

After over 40 years being a BASC (previously a WAGBI) member I was absolutely disgusted with the way I was treated a couple of years ago and would not return to BASC if it were given free.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

John, plenty of room for burying stuff, right there in that new building, the one that is for interacting with the modern world of today!