Thread: Preston Munjac

Preston Munjac

Was out testing some loads on friday with a friend and on the way out of the field my friend spotted some thing next to the brook. On closer inspection it turn out to be a dead deer. It was getting stinky with hair just starting to fall out, so had been there for a bit.
    With closer inspection it turn out to be a munty doe. It hadnt been grollached and no sign of been shot.
    I was out with the farmer who owns the field and he said he moved it away from the gate as they were moving cattle 2 weeks ago. He had found it just off the road with its head under a fence as if it had been dragging itself away.
    Do you think its been knocked over or dumped. Never thought they had made this far up yet, North Preston.
    Thoughts please

The BDS distribution map shows one 10km square with reported muntjac not too far from Preston but they are certainly thin on the ground in that area.

Never heard of them up this far north, however by the time you know it's too late I gather!

They won't last long once the word gets out.... unless they are left alone to establish.
    Could be escapees from a petting farm? I'm still waiting for some wild boar to break out of that boar park you have up there.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

You mean the boar haven't broken out already
    ivors theory of population migration strikes again me thinks
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    They won't last long once the word gets out.... unless they are left alone to establish.
    Could be escapees from a petting farm? I'm still waiting for some wild boar to break out of that boar park you have up there.
    There has been a couple out already but they didnt last long. There was an anteelope and a walaby .
    Wierd thing with that munty was its back leg had been taken off at the nuckle, an old injury.

There are numerous Muntjac in the Silverdale area (thats twenty miles further North of Preston)

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    There are numerous Muntjac in the Silverdale area (thats twenty miles further North of Preston)
    Strange you said silverdale cause im working up there at moment. What else is there round there