Steiner Binoculars

johndownes

Hi Guys just wanted a bit of advice really im on a limited budget of around £300-£350 for a pair of binoculars Ive been looking at a pair of steiner 8x42 sky hawk pro and just wondered if anybody else had used them or could advise on another pair
Regards
John

Hello John,Have used a pair of praktica bins from Telescope House,very reasonably priced and excellent value for the money.

Hi Guys just wanted a bit of advice really im on a limited budget of around £300-£350 for a pair of binoculars Ive been looking at a pair of steiner 8x42 sky hawk pro and just wondered if anybody else had used them or could advise on another pair

I was looking at binoculars a couple of weeks back and tried a number of different makes and models and thought a pair of cheaper priced Bushnells that I tried were a LOT better than the Steiners. Unfortunately I can't remember what model they were, but I suspect that they were Bushnell Legend's.

Try and find a shop where you can try a number of makes and models and then compare them by looking into some dark shadowy corner and see what works best for you.

Last edited:
I have Steiner 8x56 which I bought six years ago, still going strong and still the best, better that Swarovski in my opinion.

Do I spy dodgy links and possible spamming activity in post 8?

Not dodgy, but should be a Trade member.
Seems MicroGlobe has joined the forum, bit disappointing really that a respected seller should try to slide in the back door to save a few quid :-|

Neil. :)

Back