Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swarovski Barrett 10 X 42 Military grade scope.

Swarovski Barrett 10 X 42 Military grade scope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrett.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	6529

Here is a very special opportunity.

A scope designed specifically for the Barret .50 Cal sniper rifle. It has a very low weight, is extremely robust, and has factory fitted elevation / windage turrets that easily allow 1000 yards + accurate shooting. It has the advantage of very quick target acquisition, (not achieved by higher magnification scopes).

This is not normally available to the civilian market.

This has been very 'cherished' and has little use. It has probably seen only 25 - 30 rounds fired under it.

Whilst it was desigend for the .50 cal, any centrefire calibre would work well beneath it.

Open to sensible offers around 850 - 900, as I don't really want to sell it. It has significant meaning to me.

I may put it on Ebay, unless I am able to agree to a good deal / home on here.
    Good luck.
    It is in Oxfordshire
    Last edited by kickon; 03-05-2011 at 20:37. Reason: price added

Can you put prices on your items please? If not then may I suggest bunging them straight on ebay. Cheers, JC

I thought the military use S&B? Is this of good title?

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Can you put prices on your items please? If not then may I suggest bunging them straight on ebay. Cheers, JC
    I haven't put prices on, because I'm inviting offers... and I don't want to put straight on Ebay to give the members of this site the chance first....

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I thought the military use S&B? Is this of good title?
    Can't vouch for this one, but some early semi-auto Barretts were demo'd to UK with the Swaro; from memory it had a special 50 cal reticle. If this is one of those I suppose this is an unusual scope but rather optimised for short range 50 cal use(ie EOD). Unlike the one here, they had normal (non-target) turrets.
    I'd be a little surprised if they're still in use; that must have been about 20 or so years ago.

Incredibly unusual to see an 'issue' scope with box and paperwork though.

Kickon, what were you using it for? does it have the special 50 cal ret?
    Last edited by Brown Dog; 02-05-2011 at 14:38.

Ha! I don't get out enough - thought I had a pic of one knocking about:
    Clearly, this isn't the one for sale, but it shows one 'in situ'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
    Can't vouch for this one, but some early semi-auto Barretts were demo'd to UK with the Swaro; from memory it had a special 50 cal reticle. If this is one of those I suppose this is an unusual scope but rather optimised for short range 50 cal use(ie EOD). Unlike the one here, they had normal (non-target) turrets.
    I'd be a little surprised if they're still in use; that must have been about 20 or so years ago.

Incredibly unusual to see an 'issue' scope with box and paperwork though.

Kickon, what were you using it for? does it have the special 50 cal ret?
    Hi
    These were never available as far as I know for normal retail, and never in the UK.
    It has the mildot reticle, but 'factory fitted' special windage / elevation turrets that allows very long distance accuracy.
    That box in the photo is actually from another Swaro scope of mine that I took a photo of...I put the Barrett scope on the swaro manual to not scratch it!
    There is also a special 'christmas tree' reticle available, which I didn't really like as it takes up a lot of 'room' on the lens.
    I had it on my Barrett M82A3

Most of the Swarovskis I know of in theatre have been broken and sent home! Not slatting them as I do like Swarovskis. All the identifying features have been removed also, big magnification and big objective lens! VERY EXPENSIVE
    Last edited by Paul 600; 02-05-2011 at 19:21.

Quote Originally Posted by kickon View Post
    Here is a very special opportunity.

This scope is extremely rare, and has just returned, from a very 'special operation' in a foreign land.
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but are you suggesting that this is stolen from the MOD? and hence my taxes?
    Obviously I hope that I have the wrong end of the stick here?

O_R

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Most of the Swarovskis I know of in theatre have been broken and sent home! Not slatting them as I do like Swarovskis. All the identifying features have been removed also, bit magnification and big objective lens!
    I suppose it depends on the theatre and what it's been used for ...