Thread: New to shooting...

New to shooting...

Hi All!
    I have just got into shooting and currently am a member of the Caterham and District Small Bore Rifle Club. I am currently using a Daystate Mk4is and am awaiting my firearms and shotgun certificates. I will be having the the visit from my Firearms Officer sometime this week.
    I have only been shooting in my club at paper targets and I am considering getting into hunting but would like to take things slowly as never done this before. If I can't pull the trigger on something like a rabbit then I will just stick with the paper and clay targets.

I would be open to all the advice I can get as I really want to get into shooting and all the facets that go with it so will be looking at the more experienced shooters on here for this.

Thank you all in advance.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee68 View Post
    Hi All!
    I have just got into shooting and currently am a member of the Caterham and District Small Bore Rifle Club. I am currently using a Daystate Mk4is and am awaiting my firearms and shotgun certificates. I will be having the the visit from my Firearms Officer sometime this week.
    I have only been shooting in my club at paper targets and I am considering getting into hunting but would like to take things slowly as never done this before. If I can't pull the trigger on something like a rabbit then I will just stick with the paper and clay targets.

I would be open to all the advice I can get as I really want to get into shooting and all the facets that go with it so will be looking at the more experienced shooters on here for this.

Thank you all in advance.

David.
    I can vouch for this guy who is very serious about advancing his shooting and his shooting knowledge - so if there is anyone who is in the Croydon / saarf lundun / Surrey area that could offer Dave advice / assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

We all started at where he is at now and if I lived closer I would gladly assist.

TIA

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Hi
    Why dont you try field target or what ever it is called now days , you will get the experience with your rifle you are looking for.
    There is no kiss em and put them back when you have killed or badly wounded some thing ,
    I know plenty of people who enjoy there shooting with out having the responabililty of killing animals and there is plenty of competitive shooting to be had ,

ATB