Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Cam

Exclamation Video Cam

Hi Folks,

Now, bearing in mind the camera is mounted on his scope & gives same view point as he has got........ would you?

Rgds

Ian

Not like him Ian! - First shot one deer in front of the other so big chance of hitting the second deer with the same bullet - big chance of a runner! The second shot was hurriedly taken through the branches - so chance of a bullet deflection.- Again chance of a runner. Plus no time taken to make sure the first deer was really dead before taking the second shot.
    I hope the shooter was not being assessed for DSC2! - I think he may have got a negative score on that occasion.
    Ian

It looks like they were both neck or head shot
    So no issue with one standing infront of the other.
    The second shot lookes like it has only clipped the spine from a low neck shot as it dropped with a classic legs colasped but head and neck still upright

Quote Originally Posted by J Blane View Post
    It looks like they were both neck or head shot
    So no issue with one standing infront of the other.
    The second shot lookes like it has only clipped the spine from a low neck shot as it dropped with a classic legs colasped but head and neck still upright

At that range he'd have to be a complete to rib shoot the first one. (Defo. low neck or head)

Even though his vid sounds lik an old 8 track.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Can't believe he posted it.
    Looks to me like the second shot deer had a broken leg unless i'm seeing things, due to his first shot me thinks.
    Cheers
    Richard

Difficult to see with poor quality filming, but yes looks to me like the second deer has an injured front left leg when it runs after the first shot.

Guys

I would go with the existing comments, there seems to be a hell of alot of branches & crap in the way & with the second deer stood alongside it was one to pass up at the time the shot was taken.

I myself would own up to having done the questionable deed of taking two with one shot by accident 2 years ago, I neck shot a brace of adult fallow does in a known area from a highseat in fog-where I knew I had a good backstop, the target animal gave me a clear shot at about 80m & the second was stood about 10m behind it which was not visable in the fog.

Upon recovery both were perfect terminal neck shots & whilst comming out of a real cockup on my account on this occassion pretty much unscathed it does give you a bit of a reality check!

We all make mistakes & it best to learn by them very quickly.

Regs Lee

The first animal also seem to be raising its head again as the second one takes off.

definatly not one i would have taken, all a bit YE HAR for me