Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a lightweight moderator

Recommend me a lightweight moderator

Hi all

I've just had a new barrel fitted and want to do away with my T8 mod as I find it unballances the rifle and being a slip of a lad I want to keep weight to a minimum. I currently have a T8 (as stated) and a Northstar and both are, to me, on the heavy side.

My intention is to shoot un-modded where possible but some of my land requires a mod.

Other than the super expensive titanium mods what are my options? I want short as well as light as the barrel is 24" long so don't want a long muzzle can.

Cheers

SD Regular
    ATEC CMM4 - super little thing. Modular, easy to clean, weighs nothing (well, I say nothing, but you know what I mean) c. 240. Well worth it.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Can you adjust the length of these with them being modular?

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle Trackpad View Post
    Can you adjust the length of these with them being modular?
    I can see no reason why not. Mine has four sections, so one could shorten although obviously lose some of the effectiveness. I imagine the real reason is for ease of cleaning/replacement of a part due to wear rather than the whole.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I can see there might have to be a compromise between length and weight. I had my eye on a ASE S5 whicj adds 4" in length compared to the ATEC 7", but the ASE weighs more than twice what the ATEC does, coming in at 580g compared to 220g...

SD Regular
    ....always some compromise! I was going to put an ASE Utra on - until I tried the CMM 4 on the end of the rifle. Absolutely no competition, as the balance of the rifle feels unaffected. My compromise - didn't look as nice on the end of a stainless barrel.....!!

I'll have to have a gander at some in the shop I suppose, take the rifle and hang them off the end.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle Trackpad View Post
    I'll have to have a gander at some in the shop I suppose, take the rifle and hang them off the end.
    It's the only way unless you're close enough to me to try mine (assuming the thread is right of course!)

Thanks for the offer but it's a bit of a treck from N.Yorks

second the ATEC, brilliantly light!