Thread: 2nd Hand quality scope. 3-12/4-16

2nd Hand quality scope. 3-12/4-16

I have got fed up looking at the "for sales" so I thought i would stick in a "wanted" ad.

I need a variable scope 3-12 min. 4-16 or 18 ideal. Needs side parallex as I am going to be using this with an Archer Night vision on bunnies and foxes hence wanting longer magnification (Just in case anybody has any experience). Whilst I would love to buy the S&B that is advertised on this forum, my budget is 400. If the vendor in Oxford would like to reduce his price......................

Anyway, that is why second hand. I nearly got excited as Mc Leods had a Leupold well in my budget but it is front parallex. And with NV You dont want that.

So what you got? Owt or nowt? If the money is right then I may well be interested. Drop me a line. If you are local I'll even come and visit to see.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have a side focus Leupold 6.5-20x40 30mm tube with Varmint Hunter reticle that is sort of spare, It owes me 550 so might be a little over budget but if its of any interest, drop me a message with your phone number and we can have a chat. The eye relief on these big Leupolds is quite critical, not sure if that would be an issue with the Archer? JC

Hi JC,
    Leupolds are recommended with the Archer and as they clamp in place the eye relief wouldn't be a problem. I do like the varmint reticle but unfortunately I am tied to my budget (She who must be obeyed) and unfortunately cannot stray above it.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Seems I may be pushing my luck here. Nobody seems to have anything. Nobody got a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16 begging for a new home? A nice VX3 4.5 to 14? When my variation goes through I am going to have to do all this again as I will need 2 scopes instead of 1.
    How can a miser like me get good glass cheap?

Mind you I am still looking for that elusive left hand .223 to match the scope

There are a few on here that could knock the socks off you for being tight mate so dont worry keep looking something will turn up as long as your not into much of a hurry.

Give south Yorkshire shooting supplied a ring you might have to stretch to 700 but they have some second hand ex police leopolds for sale "s/h" apparently some of them hav never been mounted on rifles.

I have a VX3 4,5-14 x 50, 30mm tube Boone & Crocket reticle, side focus, sunshade, Leupold flip up covers I would sell for 550 posted, in the original box, pm me for pics if you are interested. Look at my Gallery 'A view from the top' for a pic of scope mounted on my SAKO Finnlight.

brgds FlyBoy270
    Last edited by FlyBoy270; 09-05-2011 at 08:33.