Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyman 1200 dps or RCBS charge master

Lyman 1200 dps or RCBS charge master

Looking to buy either one of these, But thought I would see if any one is selling theres first?
    Smile and more people will smile with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfix View Post
    Looking to buy either one of these, But thought I would see if any one is selling theres first?
    Sorry, can't help with finding you one but just a few thoughts -

1. The RCBS chargemaster is without doubt the best bit of reloading kit I have ever bought. Very easy to use, extremely accurate and reduces load times dramatically.

2. Should you have to buy a new one it might lessen the pain of the initial cost if you consider that the chargemaster will always be worth (about) 90%+ of what you paid for it so you are only "spending" 10% of the cost (say 35) because it will always return you the balance if you sell it?

3. I would recommend that you also buy a Lyman pan (with integral funnel) and use this instead of the RCBS one. It eliminates the need for a funnel and speeds up the process.

4. Check out prices posted from the US. Even with any duty and VAT it can still be cheaper than from the UK - but check out voltage because if you buy the 110v model you will need an adaptor.

I hope you find one.

ATB
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Just as a matter of interest, which may help you decide which one to buy. I bought a Chargemaster combo 1500, second hand about a year ago, and it worked fine, until one day when I needed to make up some rounds, I turned it on, it would do nothing.
    I contacted RCBS in the states and they were great, told me to send unit back to states along with cheque for $45 and they would sort it out. It took about a month but when returned I found that they had sent me a brand new one which works fine.
    So I can recommend a RCBS one as there customer service is fantastic.
    Mike

I've been looking for one of these for a long time, no one seems to want to part with them! If anyone has two spare ones please let us both know!

I have been useing a Lyman DPS 1200 for many years and have loaded 1000s of rounds succesfuly, but recently it has started throwing .1 to .5 over wieght...

Im going back to a beam scale with a new Targetmaster trickler...

Had two dps3s and had problems now use the chargemaster.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Hi Mate
    Here you go one here for you just $63.65 Postage on an heavy item like this below @ $422.55 plus all the postage and import taxes

RCBS 1500 CHARGEMASTER POWDER SCALE DISPENSER COMBO 220 | eBay

and yet another

RCBS 1500 CHARGEMASTER POWDER SCALE DISPENSER COMBO 110 | eBay

and the cheapest yet ! @ $289.95 thats around 180.00 plus taxes and postage costs.

RCBS Chargemaster Dispenser and Scale - Natchez Shooters Supplies

and at a fraction of Optics warehouse but theirs is without import duty vat and postage costs ! @ 335.00 if you want to buy here.

Opticswarehouse RCBS RELOADING KITS

Hope this assist you

Steve

I looked into both these models before I had to divert funds elsewhere and found the RCBS came out tops each way but loose, so based on my research I would have definately gone the RCBS route. But I have no practical experience and I am sure there will be others who will argue differently.

Caveat Emptor

Thank you guys for the input, Fingers crossed for some one selling up there kit?
    Smile and more people will smile with you.

BARGAIN ALERT

Credit cards at the ready......??

RCBS : RCBS ChargeMaster Combo-Scale and Dispenser -

On offer at well under 200. Even with delivery, VAT & duty (?) it should still be cheap?
    Last edited by Eyefor; 10-05-2011 at 08:59.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).