Thread: Hi from a newbie in the Borders

Hi from a newbie in the Borders

Hi
    Im a new member based in the Scottish Borders and enjoy nothing more than a sit out for Charlie or taking a new stalker for their first beast. I enjoy tinkering/refurbishing old rifles and reloading. I hope to glean info on reloading for the the honourable Hornet

All the best

reiver xxv

hi
    my uncle used to be keeper on bemersyde for lord haig,(many moons ago).used to love going up there,had many free days fishing and shooting,haha.has it changed much,is there much stalking available.

Hello from another newbie , hope i can pick your brains about going after charlie !

Hi.
    Welcome aboard i'm just up the road from you.

Hi
    To my knowledge I dont think their is any formal shooting on the estate anymore and as for the stalking I think its managed by a stalking syndicate but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by daventus View Post
    hi
    my uncle used to be keeper on bemersyde for lord haig,(many moons ago).used to love going up there,had many free days fishing and shooting,haha.has it changed much,is there much stalking available.

Hi
    I am often up Biggar way and am a big fan of the .223 (had a Remi VSSF which after adjusting the trigger was as sweet as a nut, son number 2 came along and needed cash !! If you need owt give me a shout.
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    Hello from another newbie , hope i can pick your brains about going after charlie !

Hi
    Thanks for the welcome, I know a few keepers and stalker from up your way. We are lucky to have such variety on our doorstep and the folk look out for one another.