rain

norma 308

:lol:
rain at last ,hopefully it will last a while ,it is a bit desperate here we need a few days so as to get some cover crops in .
never thought i would wish it to rain but COME ON YOU BUG*ER RAIN :D

Great smell on the air now the rain has arrived, doing bunnies last night in the middle of a thunderstorm, still raining now, & this has prompted me to give the wooden stock on my Sako a drink of linseed, in case it rains this Friday/Sat on the Roebucks :cool:.

Aaaargh! The much longed for rain has reached SE Wales and no sooner is it here than we get a blight alert.

(Late blight, that is. Not train loads of Brummies heading towards Aberystwyth)

Went out this morning and got soaked, can almost hear the grass growing, hate to say it ,but badly needed, hope it does'nt forget to stop......

just been and checked traps and the grass has gone mad overnight found some cubs and had a stinky minky keep the rain coming for now anyway :D

Rained early this morning around Consett.
Had a lovely morning at Ponteland near the airport (military range) and then the heavens opened as we finished - absolutely torrential and no use at all on the baked ground as it just ran off. Sun's out again now, which is good as I'm off to Kendal to pick up a new (to me) car.

The water butt 45 gallon type on Kennel gutter filled to over flowing in less the 90 mins this morning.

what rain? we have had 4mm in 2 months had some rain last night didn't even register on the gauge tho.we are also having a lot of dry wind as well ,i heard we are to be re classified as semi-arid desert in this area soon according to one farming paper,LOL

No shortage of rain in Dorset at the weekend. I think most of it fell on Charmouth where we were camping under a serious thunderstorm:scared: It seems to have followed me back to Cornwall but the storm today was hardly as spectacular as the Dorset offering:p
Pete.

Driving by the solway last night christ some one was getting a soaking and an electric storm to rival the southern states:eek:

Back