Schmidt &Bender 12.5-50x56 pm11

palo

Has anyone seen or used the new S&B 12.5-50x56 pm11 scope yet ?
The model im intrested in is the one with the sport reticule in the 2nd focal plane.
I cant a review on it anywhere.

Never tried this model, but I do have the 5-25x56 and it is a fabulous scope.

Have switched from Nightforce to Schmidt and its the best thing I could have done.

I have used a Nightforce for a while and took some great shots with it, but the reticule annoyed me immensely being too fine. At night or low light you lose it very quickly and the illumination is just too much.

The Schmidt is just perfect. I dont know what you intend to use your scope for but I would guess the mag your after is a little too much for normal UK hunting situations above 20x but you can always turn it down.

Schmidt are the cream of the scopes available.

I was thinking about getting this scope for long range target shooting.
I have a zeiss 6-24x56 and have used a S&B 5-25x56 and they are both great scopes but I would like to know what this scope is like at long range.
I never liked nightforce either.

Can't remember where I found the review but I remember them saying that on 50x zoom it was brighter than a lot of other high end quality optics on 40x zoom.

Also if you are looking to purchase one do not buy from york guns or sports man gun centre they are terribly overpriced buy it from FA Andersons, East Grinstead, West Sussex they are an official UK dealer U. K. D E A L E R S and when I was last in there they were selling the 12-50x56 not sure wether 2nd focal plane or illuminated for £1900 and also the 4-16x50 for £1500 some of the best prices around. I do not work for Andersons nor am I affiliated with them, they are my preferred gun shop and it saves you money as well.

They may well be cheaper but I'm not sure if Anderson's are official dealers anymore. I believe York Guns are the only official UK dealer at the current time.

Back