Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time do you guys prefer to go stalking

What time do you guys prefer to go stalking

I like the mornings my self it's funny thought because if I have to go to work I just can't get up I hate it. So why is stalking different it's the same with fishing too, I can get up for that. what do you guys think?

Try getting up to go stalking then go to work straight away afterwards. Always works for me.

My body clock wakes me up at 5.00am regardless!! Great after a heavy night on the beers!!

Cheers

Ross

I would say on average outing for outing I have more success in the mornings but this buck season so far I have had 8 animals and been out for 2 more that friends have taken and all have been in the evening.

Dave

I always like to be out in the morning , i was up at 3am this morning and in a high seat for 4am and it was a fantastic morning to be out .

grassed a munty doe and back home by 7.30am just the job !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    I always like to be out in the morning , i was up at 3am this morning and in a high seat for 4am and it was a fantastic morning to be out .

grassed a munty doe and back home by 7.30am just the job !
    now sounds idilic to me, there is something about being there waiting as the world wakes up.

I much prefer mid-summer early monring stalking, I've had nice bucks in the bag in June a 4am and back to bed before the wife even notices I've gone!

I'm a morning man myself, much prefer shooting them in making light as opposed to shooting and looking when losing light. I seem to be more successful in the am, I like to be on the ground before the first crow calls and witness the world waking up.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Evening for me,deer in the mornings that have filled their guts are are far more likely to be on their arse in cover whereas the evening deer pushed by their empty guts will be and are moving about far more,much easier to find imo.

Cant beat watching the day come to life at dawn while the rest of the world around you is sleeping, its just getting up in july when the nights are so short which make me groan after a few days.

While not as enjoyable, parking my butt in a high seat on a warm evening and unwinding cant be very relaxing.

Morning prefered but I`ll go whenever I can.
    Same as you though mate I make my collegues laugh cant get up for work but can be in a highseat 40 miles away for 4.30
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................