Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Swaro's coming!!

New Swaro's coming!!

I've decided to treat myself - I'm going for the new EL's in 10x50's can't bloody wait!

I don't often treat myself as all my rifles were less than two hundred quid, and the swaro scopes have really come down in price to £150 for the big ones and £100 for the smaller ones!!

She'd kill me - then probably sell them! Then probably kill me again when she finds out what the cabinet contents are worth!

T

SD Regular
    Rest (a little) assured that you are not alone in this!
    I was purchasing a rifle recently and STMBO decided to come along for the ride.......Oops! Frantic call to a very amenable gunsmith, who played the game for me.....no, he didn't only charge me £150 for the big Swaro, but he didn't let on, distracting at the right moment and being an absolute gent! Skin of my teeth.......but it did cost me a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord......as much as the GD scope for a pair of wellies dear...!! What price quality eh?

Lesson learned. DEFINITELY do not allow wifey in gun shop. Had to drag her out before she tried on a very nice 'dog walking coat' too.............!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Rest (a little) assured that you are not alone in this!
    I was purchasing a rifle recently and STMBO decided to come along for the ride.......Oops! Frantic call to a very amenable gunsmith, who played the game for me.....no, he didn't only charge me £150 for the big Swaro, but he didn't let on, distracting at the right moment and being an absolute gent! Skin of my teeth.......but it did cost me a pair of Le Chameau Vierzonord......as much as the GD scope for a pair of wellies dear...!! What price quality eh?

Lesson learned. DEFINITELY do not allow wifey in gun shop. Had to drag her out before she tried on a very nice 'dog walking coat' too.............!!
    Ha ha thats priceless.
    I wonder if that is the only god send that our laws have is that the rifles have to be locked away so we can hide all sorts in there and only bring one (that apparently looks just the same as any other) out!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

We have all done it at some time! my lad knows the real value should anything happen to be god forbid.It is all part of lifes rich game

I got a brand new T3 stainless super varmint with opti lock rings for £500. She thought it was a bit on the expensive side.
    Strange thing is didn't get a bank statement that month either.
    Last edited by Crow Man; 11-05-2011 at 09:15.

Will be interested to hear how you like the 10x50s....

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Man View Post
    I got a brand new T3 stainless super varmint with opti lock rings for £500. She thought it was a bit on the expensive side.
    Strange thing is didn't get a bank statement that month either.
    you paid too much

My cabinet is a bit like using NV. Can't see f*** all unless you have the right equipment. I neve let he borrow the right equipment.
    I could bring out a shotgun and then then next day take out a rifle and she wouldn't know the difference. . Phew.
    Actually I did tell her how much I paid for the NV but when she looked through it she even agreed it was worth it. That and she makes a lovely bacon buttie. Knew there was a reason I married her
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Ha ha this thread rings true.
    I haven't bought a new gun/rifle for 25 years - they've just been modified and 'repaired' a lot!
    "why the bigger cabinets?"
    "New laws....what would you like to do tomorrow? Maybe we could go for lunch by the river, or go into town shopping?"
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I've decided to treat myself - I'm going for the new EL's in 10x50's can't bloody wait!

I don't often treat myself as all my rifles were less than two hundred quid, and the swaro scopes have really come down in price to £150 for the big ones and £100 for the smaller ones!!

She'd kill me - then probably sell them! Then probably kill me again when she finds out what the cabinet contents are worth!

T
    Unfortunately mine used to work with a stalker who inadvertently let her in on the true cost of my T3 Hunter, Leupold European 30 and ASE moderator
    She immediately retaliated by "discovering a gorgeous antique diamond ring" to the same value and putting it on my credit card. It's in the gun cabinet for me to give to her on her 40th next week!
    Mind you, a T3 in .223 looks pretty much like a Sako 85 in 7mm-08 doesn't it?
    As has been said, "Why the bigger gun cabinet?" "Change in legislation."