First solo Buck tonight.

Bmcphers83

Hi Folks,

As some of you may have read i shot my first buck a couple of weeks ago under the watchful eye of Davie (6pointer) on his ground. Had my first solo success tonight on my own patch, just like last time it was at the last gasp after watching a yearling buck for about an hour, he started to look a bit nervous and was suddenly chased by my buck which then came into range with a comfortable 80 yard shot. I did stalk this buck three nights ago and made a hash of it at the very last second bumping my moderator of a dyke and alerting him to my presence-live and learn!! The nice new harkila roe sack in the photo will be going back tomorrow as it kindly burst on the walk home giving me a blood soaked arse! delighted all the same.
DSCF4070.jpg

Last edited:
Nice buck! your first solo is one to remember!! Heres to many more.

Have you got any pics of his head from the side?

ATB

Rob
243Sako

nice one,
got my first one for a while a few weeks ago also,been zeroing rifle on the range then on the way back to the car buck standing just inside the wood,clean shot,best feeling in the world.:D

Well done. suggest you get mod cover they ding like a bell :eek: motor cycle inner tube stops it but then you have to roll it off if it gets wet.

Well done Billy and i am glad you have got your first solo roe i hope the gralloch was up to standard and i wish you well for the next 1000. Keep us all informed of your progress thats what forums are for. PS you will bump a few more bucks thats life.

Back