Anybody from SOAF Gun Club in Oman?

Philwilk

Am in Oman at the moment and I just wondered if there were any other former members of the Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces gun club (from the 80's and 90's) who were on this site and are either actively still clay shooting or have morphed into stalkers??:cool:

Phil
I'll phone my pal Ian and let him know of your thread, he's on this directory when he gets around to looking at it. He was out there for a long time, he does the clays and stalking.
Alan

Hi Phil
I was out in Oman for a few years. I started at Thumrait then on to Masirah island . At Thumrait Along with a friend called Steve Allan we reacivated the old skeet range that was left there by some Sqdn or other ,( RAF I Think) Then on Masirah I with the help J&P construction Co and a friend Pete May and Steve who Joined us over there later built a Skeet,DTL, and Sporting layout. We, Masirah. Thumrait, Seeb & Salah. all ran inter station competitions once a year. I still shoot clays . I hope the 7mm you use is not oneof the old Sniper rifles that were in the Masirah armoury. They did a good job on the Reemes Gazzele on the bombing range . Give me a call back some time it would be nice to keep up on old times

Ian Christie

Am in Oman at the moment and I just wondered if there were any other former members of the Sultan of Oman's Armed Forces gun club (from the 80's and 90's) who were on this site and are either actively still clay shooting or have morphed into stalkers??:cool:

Now then , how's your holiday , have you eaten /drunk yourself silly yet ?
Watch out , with all that sunshine once your body reaches a certain fat content you'll begin to melt & all that will be left is a large greasey spot :D

see ya soon .

Rodge

Ian, I was in Oman from '87 to '97 with the Ministry of Health, I was based in Muscat but travelled all over the Sultanate. Only went to Masirah once though. Am in Dubai airport on my way home just at this minute. I will pm you when I get back.

Rodger, I have to admit to a little over-indulgence this last couple of weeks but I did not melt, even though it was 45 C yesterday! See you Monday!

Phil

Back