Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BASC Have your say - SNH Draft Code of Practice

BASC Have your say - SNH Draft Code of Practice

Scottish Natural Heritage are inviting views on a draft code of practice on deer management. The public consultation ends on 1 July. The final version of the code will be subject to the approval of the Scottish Parliament.

BASC members can comment on this topic on the Have Your Say webpage.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/media/have-your-say/index.cfm
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Doesn't anybody have anything to say?

This particular HyS page has been live for sometime yet it remains without comment. Are Scottish stalkers happy with the proposals SNH are putting forward, or might there be another reason why nobody has posted a comment?
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Looking now, I've missed it before...

ps, printing it off because reading 26 pages off a monitor is going to make me bozz eyed

pps, comment made. 'Wild deer are a national resource' The draft has a strong direction for standard within the industry and referenced specifically sika and preventing their spread. What about though a perhaps more uniformed distribution of native species? I'd rather that than the FC for example smashing everything up around mine in Sutherland. If they left some for others to see once in a while that would be nice
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 23-05-2011 at 11:40.

./
    Last edited by 6pointer; 29-05-2011 at 21:48.

Important that we gather feedback from our members as we forumlate our reply - so please comment if you see fit.

Best wishes

David

I missed this too. Will give it a read this afternoon, for what the views of an Englishman are worth!

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I wouls like to know what BASC suggest members do about the areas that ask you to reference the Peri - Urban BP Guide that has not be published yet and will not be untill the consultation is finnished. Any help on that section would be great.
    So IWRCH Please dont get upset when it is not filled in because to people reading it it is not finnished yet by a long way.
    Appreciate you want to see the bit that affects you the most, but better to comment on what is there than miss the deadline though, surely? It's too easy to moan about the outcome after the opportunity has passed....

Alex

.?
    Last edited by 6pointer; 29-05-2011 at 21:46.

Fair enough... as I've said, I've not read any of it yet!

Out of interest, have you been approached for input for the Peri Urban BP guide? I'm just wondering who is writing this material, because if it isn't people with the experience like you then who is?

Alex

.?
    Last edited by 6pointer; 29-05-2011 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Doesn't anybody have anything to say?

This particular HyS page has been live for sometime yet it remains without comment. Are Scottish stalkers happy with the proposals SNH are putting forward, or might there be another reason why nobody has posted a comment?
    Iwrch- Deer Managers, Landowners and other interested parties can respond direct to SNH via their website where the Consultation is posted and the necessary information is available. Not all stalkers (Scottish or otherwise) are with BASC! But your post on this subject is appreciated to spread the news