Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prvi Ammo

Prvi Ammo

Hi,

I know some others have posted re Prvi ammo. I am hoping someone may be able to help.

I am going to WMS on 27th May to do the long range steel target shooting. Over the course of the day I am expecting to be using up to 250 rounds. I don't reload so my only option is buying factory ammo. My normal .243 rounds cost me 1.10 each so the day will cost me almost 300 on ammo plus range costs!!!

I know Prvi ammo can be OK in some rifles but rubbish in others. I need to try and get a box of 90 grain and 100 to check if they group. I will then buy the required amount for the day at WMS.

I live on the Northants/Oxfordshire border and am looking for someone local that sells them. Peter Lawman in Northampton used to stock them but at present he has none!!

Can anyone tell me if they know anyone that sells them. I do travel the country a fair bit so I would not rule out anywhere. For example I am in Hereford later today and in Northumberland at the weekend.

Can anyone help. If Prvi ammo does group OK in my rifle I will be able to save myself almost 200!!

Cheers

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by r.atkinson View Post
    Hi,

I know some others have posted re Prvi ammo. I am hoping someone may be able to help.

I am going to WMS on 27th May to do the long range steel target shooting. Over the course of the day I am expecting to be using up to 250 rounds. I don't reload so my only option is buying factory ammo. My normal .243 rounds cost me 1.10 each so the day will cost me almost 300 on ammo plus range costs!!!

I know Prvi ammo can be OK in some rifles but rubbish in others. I need to try and get a box of 90 grain and 100 to check if they group. I will then buy the required amount for the day at WMS.

I live on the Northants/Oxfordshire border and am looking for someone local that sells them. Peter Lawman in Northampton used to stock them but at present he has none!!

Can anyone tell me if they know anyone that sells them. I do travel the country a fair bit so I would not rule out anywhere. For example I am in Hereford later today and in Northumberland at the weekend.

Can anyone help. If Prvi ammo does group OK in my rifle I will be able to save myself almost 200!!

Cheers

Ross
    Phone the importers - Henry Kranks in Leeds (?) - who will give you the nearest stockist?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Tried that yesterday, the girl on the phone was not able to help me.

I will call them in a few minutes when they open.

Cheers

Ross

The Countryman at Derby has some
    Jason

Or if you coming past Jct 28 M1 i can let you have 5 or a box 100g
    Last edited by jason hunter; 12-05-2011 at 08:20.

hi mate can you tell me how your going to shoot 250 rounds in a day at targets if there is a few of you shooting take your time as your going to get that barrel awfully hot which is going to do it no good at all.

regards
    chris

A bit of a journey but if at some point you travel near Bracknell Berkshire there is a RFD who has stock of both.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    hi mate can you tell me how your going to shoot 250 rounds in a day at targets if there is a few of you shooting take your time as your going to get that barrel awfully hot which is going to do it no good at all.

regards
    chris
    There is 9 of us going, so I will be able to give my barrel a good chance of cooling down between groups anyway.

I hope are back up to 100% now?

Cheers

Ross
    Last edited by 270Buck; 12-05-2011 at 08:42.

i will be watching tonight mate.and back to hospital tomorrow