Thread: Having visitors shoot with you on your permission

Having visitors shoot with you on your permission

Hi,

My brother has been lucky enough to get some land with access to vermin, fox & deer.

So far it's just word of mouth with the owner so he's in the process of getting all the paperwork in order. He also has permission for me (and guests) to shoot with him on this land.

Does anybody have any examples of the wording to use in the permission letter for having guests shooting with you also?

For what it's worth, I live and hunt in Norway and don't own a FAC, but I have the Norwegian equivalent and also a Eurpoean Firearms Passport and insurance. Is there anything I need to have in order to shoot on this land with my brother?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Sorry, not able to help you on this. But i am intrigued by your reference to "Eurpoean Firearms Passport". What is it, what does it allow and where do I get one ? And plse don't say Norway

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

Here is some info:
    http://www.shooters.co.uk/shootingeurope.htm

I don't know how you go about getting one in the UK as I got mine from the local police station here in Norway, but I'm sure some of the more experienced people on this site who have hunted abroad will be able to help you out.

I got mine as I was going over to Sweden to hunt wild boar, it basically enabled me to go onto the Swedish customs website and declare that I was entering the country on specific dates, with specific quantities of ammunition to hunt. when I returned back to Norway, I went back onto the website and informed them that I had returned! It's a lot easier as I did not have to stop at the border and do any paperwork regarding the weapons when going in and out of Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    Sorry, not able to help you on this. But i am intrigued by your reference to "Eurpoean Firearms Passport". What is it, what does it allow and where do I get one ? And plse don't say Norway

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew
    Jonathan

Jonathon,

If you intend bringing your rifle over you will need a Visitors Firearms Permit - issued by the FLD in the UK and applied for by your 'sponsor' and Form 107 completed - should be downloadable from the FLD webpages. They'll need your EFP with the application. It might be possible for you to use the rifle of the permission holder under the 'Estate Rifle' clause if you don't want to bring your own - certain conditions apply though.

Andrew, you apply to your FLD for the European Firearms Passport - a letter should suffice with details of the firearms you want entered and quoting your FAC & SGC details.
    Last edited by Orion; 12-05-2011 at 09:36.

Thanks for the info fellas

Andrew

Orion,

Thanks for the reply!

I'll probably just use his rifle to keep things easeir, in this case do I still need some paperwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Jonathon,

If you intend bringing your rifle over you will need a Visitors Firearms Permit - issued by the FLD in the UK and applied for by your 'sponsor' and Form 107 completed - should be downloadable from the FLD webpages. They'll need your EFP with the application.

Andrew, you apply to your FLD for the European Firearms Passport - a letter should suffice with details of the firearms you want entered and quoting your FAC & SGC details.
    Jonathan

No additional paperwork required but check the 'Estate Rifle' clause is satisfied and also insurance cover wouldn't be a bad thing.

Thanks Orion,

I have insurance, so I'll just make sure he has an estate rifle option on his permission letter. I'll get him to rinf his FEO to be super sure!

Thanks every one!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    No additional paperwork required but check the 'Estate Rifle' clause is satisfied and also insurance cover wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Jonathan

EFP issued by fac dept. freeby. required if taking S/Gug or F/arm into EU.Issued by all EU members for border crossings + paperwork as required eg.FAC or equivalent from doner state.