Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Section 1 Shotgun

Section 1 Shotgun

Hi there, if a 12 g shotgun can hold/load more than 2 cartridges, either in a magazine o'r tube/breech/pump... etc, does that mean it requires a Section 1 Firearms certificate !? Thank you..

If it holds more than 3 it's section 1
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

i though the 3 possible shells were made up of 2 in the mag and 1 in the chamber.
    pretty sure my friends mossberg was restricted to 2 in the mag back when this came in

"...hold no more than two rounds in the magazine..". A round in the chamber is ok, giving you a total of three shots.
    Do you have a problem with a recently acquired Browning Maxus in 3.5" by any chance?!
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    i though the 3 possible shells were made up of 2 in the mag and 1 in the chamber.
    pretty sure my friends mossberg was restricted to 2 in the mag back when this came in
    Yes, 3 in total... that's what I meant
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Therefore with the standard 70mm shells your getting 3 in the tube, you may have a bit of a dilemma!!!

Don't know if pleading ignorant to the fact would suffice on this one JUST,

Obviously if you make the call you may have to put if on a section 1.

Not having ever owned a shotgun with a 3.5" chamber, do they cycle the shorter shells without any sticking issue's ?

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Rather concerned about a mate of mine who has a three shot shotgun, after talking to a fella at the range the other day ! i could well of misunderstood him but i thought he said that 2 cartridges was the max !! but thanking you lads for the correct information, Thank you !

A bit off a silly question and slightly off thread, but here goes

Would u be able to fit an extra shorter shell in the mag as surely the mag is only an 2" or so longer than the normal mag, so even if u went down to 65mm/2 1/2" game shells i'd imagine very tight to ger an extra 1 in.
    3.5" x2=7" mag 3 x 2.5" = 7.5"

Not very familar wi semi's so could be well known that u can fit an extra 1 in, and do they cycle the shorter rounds ok

I have a section 1 shotgun. It takes 7 in the mag and 1 up the spout. If I use anything other than 70mm cartridges , it jamms up nearly every time.

Atb,
    Nelson

I had a friend who used an old Beretta 301 Semi & you could get 3 shells into the mag if you used a particular brand which was a tad shorter than the norm.

My section 1 Benelli M2 takes 7+1 & will cycle pretty much anything I throw at it.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 16-05-2011 at 23:11.
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!