Thread: on the look out!...please keep your ears open!

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north

on the look out!...please keep your ears open!

Hi chaps and chapasses!

Once again i'm on the look out for a Ghiilies job, i would of been going back to East Monar again but the headstalker is taking on his unemployed elctrician son....so that leaves me searching!
    I've tried a few estates but to no avail..

So i'd be most grateful if anyone hears of a ghillies job going to let me know .

Cheers folks!

steve

Do you get the shooting times? Seem to have seen quite a few ghillie positions available recently
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Are you looking for just fishing or stalking / game shooting?

Cheers,

Bob

Do you have your FAC and a driving license? DSC1/2?

Do you have experience in Argo/ATV driving?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    I'd better give folk an idea of my suitability for the ghillies job hadn't i!!

I've done 2 seasons at East Monar estate in GlenStrathfarrar as Ghillie/second stalker. Here we used ponies, Argo and boat for extraction (check my pictures). I also have masses of experience with quads (lantra trained). I've been involved with stalking and managing deer for 15 years, have had DsC 1&2 since 2003 and have done deer management training with jelen deer services. I've taken out paying client from britain and abroad........I'm fully conversant with all lardering techniques and regulations.....
    I've also been involved with gamekeeping for 20 years...including rearing in large numbers.

Basically i have alot of experience and knowledge currently going to waste.

Oh yeah......i also have **** luck when it comes to getting a job where i can utilise all my skills and experience!!..

Perhaps you should give more details of the place who is now employing an electrician to guide stalkers so clients can avoid having a sparks guiding them instead of a proper Ghille. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Perhaps you should give more details of the place who is now employing an electrician to guide stalkers so clients can avoid having a sparks guiding them instead of a proper Ghille. Just a thought.
    He wont be guiding a rifle, he will be carrying one.
    Last edited by Dan Gliballs; 14-05-2011 at 17:40.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

And chances are sparks has been stalking as long as he has been walking. There are a lot of keepers' sons on here that broke away and followed other lines of business, self included. We would still be capable of doing the job if fitness allowed. Nepatism sucks but it is a fact of life and often seasonal jobs go to family.Wish you all the best in yur search, Jim