Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer stalking in central scotland (for FAC application )

Deer stalking in central scotland (for FAC application )

Hi i am looking for a couple of days stalking in central Scotland for my FAC application so would need proof of booking round about say November on looking to get a .243 & .308

Thanks Davie

Quote Originally Posted by Davie_M View Post
    Hi i am looking for a couple of days stalking in central Scotland for my FAC application so would need proof of booking round about say November on looking to get a .243 & .308
    Davie- I would put a call in to Jim Archibald, SP FEO at Campbell Street, Hamilton and have a chat with him before you go down this route and waste money. I have yet to hear of an FEO in Scotland grant deer calibre rifles on the back of bought days. I had to prove that I had ground suitable for 308 before I got it and already had ground suitable for 243 for fox and deer.

ATB

Andy

Got to agree on this one Jim is a nice uy but will dig his heals when it comes to granting CF rifles .Christ i had a bother getting wild boar on my ticket.

If this is so then that could be that idea up in the air. But according to an email reply from pitt street on this matter booked stalking days count as permission for land also invites to stalk with others also count

There are plenty of chaps that only ever do paid days and they have no problem .But in strathclyde it is a bit differnt as there is no shortage of ground and the fo knows that. Contact the boys from himilton and see if they cant get you on a farm in your own area then its job done,

It depends entirely on your FEO, here in Fife bookings are all you need. It's **** I know, a lot of forces make up their own rules on the home office guidelines (section 13.10).

If you come from Sterling princess Fiona wants written permission from god himself!!!!

so how can they make it up as they go along surely the home office rules should be followed

Davie they just change them to suit there own areas .Not much can be done but i am sure SACS BASC OR NGO Could help.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 14-05-2011 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by mj robson View Post
    It depends entirely on your FEO, here in Fife bookings are all you need. It's **** I know, a lot of forces make up their own rules on the home office guidelines (section 13.10).

If you come from Sterling princess Fiona wants written permission from god himself!!!!
    Love it, to princess Fiona, I have heard some stories,......

drop me a pm if you want, stalking in the sterling area