Horses disappearing

widows son

All eyes throughout the country since this is a nation wide site .

I got a call from my mate, his daughters 16/2 horse has gained wheels stolen , a few of the horse fraternity throughout west cenrtal Scotland have been talking this is not the only horse, a 4 week old foal and a few other horses, have also gained wheels in the last couple of weeks .

Any one with any information reference the above contact : Johnstone police office .

A 16/2 horse isn't something that you can hide .

I bet the Caravan Using Nomadic Travellers have got them back home to the Free State along with the quads, gennies, pumps, and all the other stuff they've thieved.

Check the back roads to the borders , loads wanderin about there on the roads sides, with scruffy type nomads , & i mean scriffy, unwashed matted mop tramp type, Not the repectable'ish clean living type with new homes & luxury cars . ;)

they had 20 odd fencing battery's off me this week in broad daylight ,£5/8 a battery at the scrappers :mad:

Off subject a lil'..whenit comes to any kind of metal , keep a wide eye on it. I put 2 cattle troughs in this weeks £180 each !! lasted 2 days & gone !! Best send marrrrm out to keep an eye on things :lol:

Off subject a lil'..whenit comes to any kind of metal , keep a wide eye on it. I put 2 cattle troughs in this weeks £180 each !! lasted 2 days & gone !! Best send marrrrm out to keep an eye on things :lol:
Again off topic but British Telecom had 500 meters of cable nicked out of the roads twice in a week. It`s the old lead lined stuff and a massive scrap value with it!!

Get the horse owners to check for little plaits in the horses maines, these are the ones that will go missing at night. Happens here when Priddy fair is coming up.
basil.

hi appelby horse fair is not long in being here travellers from all over the country they will knick a\nything to sell there dogs horses goats anything
atb tom

Bob,

assuming, it has its passport and therefore its chipped i think you will be lucky to find it mate. if not chipped or tattooed then the poor thing will be re-homed to an unsuspecting family.

i would also bring to everyone's attention that its not only the travellers whom take horses.......

hope your friend is one of the lucky ones and gets reunited..

f.

Thanks for the heads up WS,

As you know I'm not that far away for you and the same thing happened this time last year at the stables my wife and young sons use.

Luckily for us the various horses and ponies didn't get taken as someone disturbed the intruders, but, what really p1ssed me off was they stole my young sons tack box which was full of gear he bought for himself and gifts from others.

Other owners lost a heap of rugs etc too which don't come cheap!!

We then got a call after "spreading the word" that the stable had been done over and his wee tack box had been found abandoned on a little used back road smashed and empty (his name was on it so was easy to I.D.) by a dog walker a few days later

It makes my blood boil and it's just sickening when someone gets any animal taken, oh how I would love juts a few minutes with the theiving scum.

Anyway, here's hoping there will be no more thefts but I doubt it,however, I'll also pass on the news and tell people to be alert.

Cheers

Rb

More info the horse was a 16/2 bay gelding brown with a white star on head it is passported and chipped .

There has been a few gained wheels in west central Scotland , including a 4 week old foal .Also a white van doing the countryside rounds , now I'm not quick to judge ,lol,

But that looks like well you've all mentioned the type, a your Tarmac is looking a bit thin we could do a job for you ho,ho,ho.

Get the owner to contact Horsewatch, its a scheme run by local police forces and when horses go missing an e-mail is sent to every member, not just police officers but all members nationwide. This way more people will be made aware so better chance of spotting it.

Best of luck and hope the horse is recovered.

Appleby Horse Fair, June 2nd to June 8th.
A week when many of the local residents are under siege especially the elderly who rarely venture out.
A pensioner friend always stays here with me for the duration of this ancient event.
The cost to our local Police and therefore to us is horrendous.
A visit during that period may turn up some of the missing horses with plenty of Police around to sort it out.
The RSPCA usually have a busy time there also with cases of cruelty and neglect each year.

HWH.

Back