Thread: Roy Lupton

Roy Lupton

Anyone on here know him.

If they do and would be so kind to either pass on an email for him that would be great.

Reason being I would like to contact his stick maker Derrick from Kentish Sticks regarding some very nice wooden quad sticks he had made for him. If he would prefer to pass on Derrick's contact details rather than his that would be just as good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alex

Roy Lupton is a friend of mine. I will happily help out.

Atb,
    Nelson.

Nelson,

Thank you.

Much appreciated.

Alex

I'll send you his e-mail address and you can speak with him direct.

Atb,
    Nelson

hi alex you havent any pics of sticks as i may be after some myself
    atb tom

Hi Alex

The sticks are made by Derek O'Dowling.

His contact numbers are.

01233 622956 Home
    07863 107127 Mob

All I can say is that they are well made and well worth the 50 price tag.

Regards

Roy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nielaj View Post
    Anyone on here know him.

If they do and would be so kind to either pass on an email for him that would be great.

Reason being I would like to contact his stick maker Derrick from Kentish Sticks regarding some very nice wooden quad sticks he had made for him. If he would prefer to pass on Derrick's contact details rather than his that would be just as good.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alex

Roy thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Guys, Roy's piece is about 1 min 40 seconds in onwards for a few minutes.I use this type of stick a lot and find them excellent pretty easy to use once you get used to them and are exceptionally accurate to shoot from as Roy demonstrates in the video. They get the big thumbs up from all my clients, but all admit a little bit of practice does go a long way to making sure in the heat of the moment you can set them up effectively.

Alex

Hi Alex,
    I hope you are keeping busy.
    I saw a chap use the sticks you are talking about several years ago and it reminded me of the game of 'Cats Cradle' we used to play as kids
    I think I'll stick to my two hazel sticks and a length of rope

+1 with EMcC.
    I have a set of really nice quad sticks which are incredibly stable but fiddly to set up. You also have to be careful to ensure you dont 'twist' your rifle in them as they can make the fore end touch the barrel and throw a shot off if you're not fairly straight on the target.
    I'm on the garden sticks and a piece if string between them now and can have them up and a shot off far more quickly than with the quad sticks.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks