Thread: Le Belle France

Le Belle France

Just git back from a week in northen France with great weather and food .
    I have being going to france for about twice a year for the last 15 years and buying shooting gear and ammo from local armmourees where ever found 1 in the area i stay in.

But due to 8x57 saying that the Decathlon stores sell ammo i thought i would have a look in one .From the outside it just looked like a large sports store ala JJB sports!!. well they have a large fishing and shooting display and a good supply of hunting ammo though the cost of the ammo was a bit of a eye opener
    ,300 win mags@ 84 euros for 20 rounds
    260rem and 280 rem @48 euros,8x57R was 45 euros a box and Brenneke slugs were 5.90 Euro for a box of 5 ,Flettchets were 18 euros for 5 and no6 32gr shotgun ammo was 9.75 euros for a box of 25.
    shooting clothing and boots were on the whole cheaper than here in the UK and there was a lot of clothing in the rest of the store that would be just the job for shooting at very good price's and looked to be of of good quality.

well worth a look if you go to France.

BOB
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

I'm surprised that in 15 years you have not upset our Gallic friends by assigning the masculine to the country, it should be La Belle Fance. It's a bit like the majority of Americans who do the same with Las Vegas by calling it Los Vegas although I think the residents of that fair city might be less offended.

Reiver may not have upset them in 15 years, but I'm sure spelling their country without an "r" will do the trick, well done Paul! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    I'm surprised that in 15 years you have not upset our Gallic friends by assigning the masculine to the country, it should be La Belle Fance. It's a bit like the majority of Americans who do the same with Las Vegas by calling it Los Vegas although I think the residents of that fair city might be less offended.

reiver your quite right about most of the ammo prices in Decathlon causing possible apoplexy but they do have some very good deals occasionally, possibly end of line sell offs. Also they have sales of cheaper brands such as Sellior & Bellot which can be quite reasonable. Something that I've noticed is that ammo prices in Decathlon stores in adjoining towns can vary considerably.
    Ammo prices in the independent armuriers are often better especially if they have a sale which appears to be quite frequent or if they belong to the Unifrance co-operative in which case Unifrance ammo is produced for the co-operative as an own brand low cost ammo.
    Decathlon can be very good for shooting clothing but as usual you have to shop carefully. Personally I find their jumpers to be great value for money and whenever I visit France I usually bring two or three jumpers back with me.

Quote Originally Posted by reiver View Post

shooting clothing and boots were on the whole cheaper than here in the UK and there was a lot of clothing in the rest of the store that would be just the job for shooting at very good price's and looked to be of of good quality.

BOB
    The Decathlon shop in Glasgow is good for clothing and stuff. I got a pair of neoprene lined Aigle boots for 99 when they first opened and a couple of months ago bought a good shooting jacket with zip-out fleece for 49.

do you know if teir is a decath shop on the loire valley as mrs parents live their cheers webby

8x57
    I do buy my ammo in local gunshops when over there and yes they can be cheaper for ammo some times!.
    The man i spoke to in Decathlon did say that they stock more ammo from August and September ready for the hunting season.
    Webby.
    were do your family live in the Loire-valley as i have friends over there from Carlisle ?.
    There is a store in Blois and in Saumur and there web site http://www.decathlon.fr/ for many other locations.

Paul K
    Never mind the French I have a long family history of upsetting the Scots for even longer than 15 years and it looks like i might have to start on the sheep lovers next

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Quote Originally Posted by buckup View Post
    Reiver may not have upset them in 15 years, but I'm sure spelling their country without an "r" will do the trick, well done Paul! :-)
    Classic talking about putting one's foot in one's mouth.

Easy done mate, I've got the T shirt. Sorry, I just couldn't resist the dig. Glad you saw the funny side. Will we meet at the Monmouth range day? Cheers, Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    Classic talking about putting one's foot in one's mouth.