Pair of Roe Fawns

Superb Photos mate. Give me a buzz if your free and we'll organise a meet up.

Speak soon

Andy

I have a DVD and it says that 50% of newborn Roe are lifted by foxes and that a Vixen and her cubs will consume 1 tonne of food up to the point of the cubs leaving the Vixen. Get the rifle out?

The high rate of roe kid predation was from a Scandanavian study I think and the roe were at a very high density causing foxes to deliberatley hunt for kids. I would hazard a guess and say the situation is not so bad in the UK and that probably many more get munched by mowers than chomped by Charlie.

I've had to comeback again for another look....well jealous the clarity is superb.

Cheers
Brian

Hi Brian

The pictures were taken with my Sony Ericsson Cybershot mobile phone..

Its about three years old and falling apart but does have a good camera..

If i werent such a pc dinasour id buy a new one but it would take me an age to learn how to use it

ATB

Terry

Heres a bit of an update on the fawns

I was taken by suprise as on looking for and bumping the two kids , they shot off like a coupe of scolded munty's from one paddock into another looking absolutely huge considering the small time since i last photographed them

The doe was moving in closer and closer and looked like she was thinking of giving me a piece of her mind

I was on the phone just prior to taking these photo's to a good friend who was telling me of the time he saw a doe hot on the heels chasing a fox off..

This doe is undoubtedly a great mum, the kids have put on great weight and she almost stands off against me as i enter the field..

Hi Terry,
You're a cruel person!

After reading your equipment list and how old it is, has nearly reduced me to tears! LOL

But it does make me smile, well done once again! I was done your direction last week picking up a set of stags antlers my taxidermist mounted for me.

Cheers
Brian

Back