Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Parker hale mounts anywhere?or will other s do? please help

  1. #1

    Parker hale mounts anywhere?or will other s do? please help

    as titled i have recently bought a parker hale 243 and didnt realise i would have so much trouble getting mounts. It has a 19mm dovetail and i have just bought a 8x56 30mm tube scope so i imagine i would need at least medium or high mounts. I am struggling to get this sorted quickly. I have been pointed towards cheap sets on that auction site but will they be suitable for a cf (i am using a T8 mod) Also do i realy need a set which has the recoil pin in?? please help (i have had a bit of help on here just need a few more options) thanks in advance of any replies

  2. #2
    I take it then it's not the Mauser 98 Parker Hale? If it is, and what you're talking about is actually the need for rings for the PH bases, simply scrap the dovetail bases and go for any mount that fits a 98 Mauser (weaver, leupold, etc) I had to do this with my FN Supreme. It came with PH mounts which severely limited my availability for rings.~Muir

  3. #3
    I had loads of problems with the Weaver bases I bought for my PH, as none of them were properly aligned. In the end I went for Leupold STD mounts, which have been brilliant - if you check on the Leupold website, there's a list of actions, so you can order the right serial numbers for the bases. For an 8x56 you'll need high rings.

    If you stick with the PH dovetail bases, be warned that 30mm Parker Hale rings are rare as the proverbial rocking horse droppings and go for silly money. I've seen them reach 90 a pair on Ebay

    Adam.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    I had loads of problems with the Weaver bases I bought for my PH, as none of them were properly aligned. In the end I went for Leupold STD mounts, which have been brilliant - if you check on the Leupold website, there's a list of actions, so you can order the right serial numbers for the bases. For an 8x56 you'll need high rings.

    If you stick with the PH dovetail bases, be warned that 30mm Parker Hale rings are rare as the proverbial rocking horse droppings and go for silly money. I've seen them reach 90 a pair on Ebay

    Adam.
    Only 90 ........................ late last year one set of the RAHS5 (30mm) rings went for 187 .

    I did post earlier but it seems to have vanished in cyberspace. Try here:-

    Opticswarehouse Scope Mounts, Hillver B Square Steel Fullbore/Dovetail Systems

    Hilver Steel 30 mm rings to fit the P-H bases. You will need to drill one for a recoil stud as they don't fit one for some reason.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mosa View Post
    as titled i have recently bought a parker hale 243 and didnt realise i would have so much trouble getting mounts.
    It's easy to sort mounts out but you have little option but to get rid of the original P/H bases and fit a set of weaver. After that you can use any weaver mounts. In fact I have a set of Warne 30mm here.

    The very first job is to scrap the P/H bases!! Then do a search, replacment bases are easy to find but if you get stuck PM me and I'll do my best to help.

    Had to do this on three rifles purchased (by friends) and it has worked a treat with no issues but you need to be aware that there are two different mounting options with two different hight bases.

    O_R
    Last edited by old_realtree; 16-05-2011 at 06:11.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Only 90 ........................ late last year one set of the RAHS5 (30mm) rings went for 187 .

    I did post earlier but it seems to have vanished in cyberspace. Try here:-

    Opticswarehouse Scope Mounts, Hillver B Square Steel Fullbore/Dovetail Systems

    Hilver Steel 30 mm rings to fit the P-H bases. You will need to drill one for a recoil stud as they don't fit one for some reason.
    **** i gave a set of 30mm PH rings that came with a old .243 Midland 1100 that i had and no 30mm scope away to a friend of a friend about 3 years ago for 20!!
    They are worth more than the rifle cost me.

    bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-05-2011, 14:40
  2. Wanted 30mm mounts to fit a 19mm dovetail (parker hale)
    By mosa in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-05-2011, 11:52
  3. Wanted Parker Hale scope mounts
    By charliemac in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 22:14
  4. Parker Hale
    By P3T3R in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-12-2010, 18:52
  5. Parker Hale Mounts
    By Newbie Mark in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-08-2010, 12:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •