Thread: Kammo Re-Proofing

Kammo Re-Proofing

I have still not been able to part with my old Kammo jacket which I keep as a spare for emergencies.

Unfortunately after prolonged and abusive use it is about as waterproof as a sponge!

I have tried a few of the wash-in water proofing products on the market and have found them to be worse than useless!

Does anyone have experience of the Kammo refurbishing service and contact details/prices, or any do it yourself at home suggestions that actually work and do what they say on the tin?

I suppose another option is to chuck in the towel and go for either a Swandri or Nomad replacement.

Thanks in advance

Ben

i have two kammo jackets one about 15 years old there a lovely coat if swazi could make a jacket on the kammo patern ,now that would be a coat and a half .cant have enough pockets and the stud to hold rifle on the shoulder is so handy ,my two are in bad nead of reproofing also

How about Barbour wax?

hi ben kammo have there own reproofing think il give it a try

If you are thinking of using the Extreme stuff they advertise on the website I have tried that twice and it was not as good as the label would have had you believe.

Any synthetic, dust off mud blood etc and wash thoroughly with non-bio detergent and no fabric softener. Dry completely then rinse at low temp and allow to drip and air dry, no heat.
    Wash again with a "wash-in" proofer and allow to dry in.
    Keeps it right for about 2-3 yrs or so depending on wear and use.
    G

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/index.php

A camping favorite, you can even buy it off ebay ! Easy to apply and has been around for years....

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikwax-TX-Dire...1%7C240%3A1318

Stinks for while after application (not dissimilar to parrafin) the pong does subside after a few days hanging in the garage !

Good stuff and wont break the bank !

re proofing

I have used nikwax and although not magic it does help.

The trick i have found is to use the tech wash first and then the wash in proof.

http://www.nikwax.com/en-gb/products...hp?productid=4

whip out and straight into the tumble drier to get the fibres out and do it every time it needs washed.

I have deerhunter RAM stuff that i used to curse (still do) but it is water repellent again.

Talk to the guy who owns Kammo, he is an excellent stright guy who stands behind his products. He will probably give you a discount off a new one if repairing your old one is uneconomic. I have been unable to break one of their coats in about 10 years.

A