Swap hunt with my friend from germany

Hi All

I've mentioned in a couple of recent posts that I was having my friend over from Germany to try for some of my Roebucks.

Michael is a good friend who came over for a successful Muntjac hunt with another friend Heini which has been covered previous.
He arrived on Friday and we were out hunting sitting up for a big buck I had seen before but the wind was cold and nothing was moving so the first evening was a blank.:doh::scared:

Saturday morning we were up at 3.15 am and off to my ground again.
This morning our luck had changed we stalked onto a small hay field where we spotted a nice buck lay down, after a nervous wait he Finlay stood up and walked forward stopping right behind a telegraph post then walked away not offering a shot eventually he turned and gave Michael a shot off my new Danish quad sticks at about 120 yards, he made a perfect shot dropping the buck where he stood. He turned out to be a nice heavy buck estimated to probably be a silver medal by my taxidermist friend.:D

MichaelStalkingRoe2011027.jpg

We spotted a few more bucks later in the morning before finally stalking into a buck lay down Michael shot him at 30 yards after a well timed Pheasant flew up making the buck get too his feet.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011044.jpg

Saturday night we sat a high seat on another patch we climbed the seat to be greeted my a buck lay out against the wood about 300 yards away, we got down and spent the next hour stalking him very slowly as he fed away from us eventually getting a shot off the sticks at about 80 yards.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011139.jpg

Sunday morning we stalked a couple of bucks the first winded us and the second was a promising youngster which after getting within about 10 yards of we left him alone.

Sunday night we changed to another couple of farms in a different part of the Cotswolds but it didnt look very promising with a very cold wind. We hunted a the warmest spots we could find and finaly found a small buck lay down after a good crawl to within 50 yards we waited for him to stand Michael took him off the sticks.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011179.jpg

We had a long drag about a mile to where we could get with the truck taking a route which took us above a wood. We were out of sight of the top edge but Max was winding deer so we dropped the deer on the fence and stalked down, the buck spotted us as we him at which point he walked straight toward us trying to make out what we were I stopped him with the Buttalo about 30 yards and Michael dropped him where he stood.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011195.jpg

Monday morning up again at 3.15 and back out after the big buck we looked for on the first evening but again he was a no show, we staked some other fields seeing a nice six pointer but he spooted us and that was the end of that.;)
Trip over another great time with great company got to go back to work for a rest know and dream of my trip to Germany in November where we will hunt for Roe,Red,Fallow, Mouflon and boar way hey.:D

Cheers Wayne

P5160131.jpg

P5160125.jpg

a very nice read with exellent pictures it must be really nerv wracking when you have people over from another country when you cant predict the weather glad it turned out to be productive ,atb wayne

some nice bucks wayne sounds like you and your friend had a great few days ,great pics to

gadget

Very well done Wayne. One very happy looking friend and I'm sure he will be doing his utmost for you later in the year.

Richard

Hi All

I've mentioned in a couple of recent posts that I was having my friend over from Germany to try for some of my Roebucks.

Michael is a good friend who came over for a successful Muntjac hunt with another friend Heini which has been covered previous.
He arrived on Friday and we were out hunting sitting up for a big buck I had seen before but the wind was cold and nothing was moving so the first evening was a blank.:doh::scared:

Saturday morning we were up at 3.15 am and off to my ground again.
This morning our luck had changed we stalked onto a small hay field where we spotted a nice buck lay down, after a nervous wait he Finlay stood up and walked forward stopping right behind a telegraph post then walked away not offering a shot eventually he turned and gave Michael a shot off my new Danish quad sticks at about 120 yards, he made a perfect shot dropping the buck where he stood. He turned out to be a nice heavy buck estimated to probably be a silver medal by my taxidermist friend.:D

MichaelStalkingRoe2011027.jpg

We spotted a few more bucks later in the morning before finally stalking into a buck lay down Michael shot him at 30 yards after a well timed Pheasant flew up making the buck get too his feet.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011044.jpg

Saturday night we sat a high seat on another patch we climbed the seat to be greeted my a buck lay out against the wood about 300 yards away, we got down and spent the next hour stalking him very slowly as he fed away from us eventually getting a shot off the sticks at about 80 yards.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011139.jpg

Sunday morning we stalked a couple of bucks the first winded us and the second was a promising youngster which after getting within about 10 yards of we left him alone.

Sunday night we changed to another couple of farms in a different part of the Cotswolds but it didnt look very promising with a very cold wind. We hunted a the warmest spots we could find and finaly found a small buck lay down after a good crawl to within 50 yards we waited for him to stand Michael took him off the sticks.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011179.jpg

We had a long drag about a mile to where we could get with the truck taking a route which took us above a wood. We were out of sight of the top edge but Max was winding deer so we dropped the deer on the fence and stalked down, the buck spotted us as we him at which point he walked straight toward us trying to make out what we were I stopped him with the Buttalo about 30 yards and Michael dropped him where he stood.

MichaelStalkingRoe2011195.jpg

Monday morning up again at 3.15 and back out after the big buck we looked for on the first evening but again he was a no show, we staked some other fields seeing a nice six pointer but he spooted us and that was the end of that.;)
Trip over another great time with great company got to go back to work for a rest know and dream of my trip to Germany in November where we will hunt for Roe,Red,Fallow, Mouflon and boar way hey.:D

Cheers Wayne

P5160131.jpg

P5160125.jpg

nice looking beasts... that head on the far right looks a nice thick set of antlers... good time had by the looks of it!!

Regards, Jez.

Wtf's going on Ninja?

Hang your head in shame bud...

Just the six heads..:D

Nice one Wayne, no pressure on Michael after that little lot...

Great to see the hand of friendship reaching so far..

Atb

Terry

Great read Wayne,looks like you had a cracking weekend & I bet your mate was over the moon well done,I bet you cant wait for november to come round :lol:

Andy

hey mate glad it all turned out how yopu hoped it would nice looking bucks there .
I wonder who was the happiest michael with his bucks or you clicking away with
that new camera :lol::lol:

regards pete .

Nice trip well done, some cracking bucks there, good luck in November and talk to you soon.
By the way; did michaels dog recover from its illness?

Cheers Guys for your comments it was a great weekend, good company and good hunting what more could you want ??????? MAYBE SOME SLEEP :-|:cuckoo:

ATB
Wayne

Glad it all came to plan for you Wayne
never easy when all concerned are full of expectation
but once again you delivered mate:tiphat:
ATB

No it didn't go t*ts up, I suppose if your a Roebuck it went balls up :lol:

The biggest buck weighed 482 grams so looking forward to the official score :thumb:

Atb

Wayne

Back