Thread: New Syndicate

New Syndicate

I am in the process of aquiring a new peice of ground with the potential of forming a stalking syndicate due to the size of the ground and potential costs.
    The question i am asking can anybody help me in relation to "syndicate rules" etc, in a generic format, obvisouly the landowner / myself will bespoke rules etc towards the ground. I know its a big ask, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

i think basc used to have something on their site

Von

There have been some posts on this before. Some thoughts:

Make clear who is in charge - you.
    Make clear what can and can't be shot.
    Try and keep the booking system as simple as possible. A text the night before is the simplest one I have come across. No restrictions on outings.
    Decide what you want to do with the venison - all culls into the pot to be set against the next rent if the cull is large, or everyone keeps their own culls.
    Run an open book - let everyone know what the rent is and what their share is.
    If there are squabbles, get rid of the squabblers. Have a probationary period for folk you are not sure off.
    Don't take on folk you don't know.
    No subletting in any shape or form.
    The syndicates that I know off work well because it's clear what the rules are and who is in charge.
    Keep it as simple as possible.

Good luck. JCS

im sure ive seen something on basc website also,if you have any spaces available could you possibly keep me in mind

+1

Von

Try and keep the booking system as simple as possible. A text the night before is the simplest one I have come across. No restrictions on outings.
    Decide what you want to do with the venison - all culls into the pot to be set against the next rent if the cull is large, or everyone keeps their own culls.
    If there are squabbles, get rid of the squabblers. Have a probationary period for folk you are not sure off.
    The syndicates that I know off work well because it's clear what the rules are and who is in charge.

Jason

Von

Also, it's unlikely the deer syndicate are the only land users. One syndicate I am involved in also has a pheasant syndicate and fishing syndicate.
    There are always walkers about.
    Forest operations may be taking place from time to time.
    And other sorts of land use taking place.....

A map showing the boundaries and any exclusion zones is also helpful.

Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jason hunter View Post
    +1

Von

Jason
    +2
    p.s if you have any spaces when you've got things sorted i may be interested..

regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Good advice so far, I would add the following.

Decide what you need to achieve as a syndicate, and incentavise the members to work to this, ie if you need to protect crops and get the deer numbers down, then let who ever shoots the animals keep the venison this way it encourages members to shoot animals on the land.

If you have a management plan and want it to be a fair syndicate to benefit all equally then venison money goes into a pot to off set next years fees for all.

Tell everybody that there is not an automatic right to continuous membership and they will get an invite to join again or not every year. Make sure everybody knows that you hold the lease and what you say goes, nothing worse that a syndicate run by committee as everybody tries to advance there own causes irrespective of what is best for the deer and other syndicate members.

Remember that unless it is a FC lease were you need level 2 you will have no problem finding new members unless it is right up north or west Scotland.

ATB

Tahr

Thanks for the guidance guy's, some good stuff there! i will taking a few of your recomendations and applying it to syndicate.

Cheers Von

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Thanks for the guidance guy's, some good stuff there! i will taking a few of your recomendations and applying it to syndicate.

Cheers Von
    Hope your applying the one about not costing very much