Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carcass hanging rail system?

Carcass hanging rail system?

Help!!!
    I'm desperately struggling to find a suitable hanging rail system for my new walk-in cold room! I've got some commercial hooks which have a 40mm nylon disc which is meant to slide inside a slotted rail system, but the rail seems to be obselete in this country! I think they originally came from china. A company in Italy seem to do similar too. I can find pictures on the web, but no suppliers in UK.http://www.meathooks.net/
    I've got an external frame section to go outside the cold room to support the weight, but just need something suitable for the inside. I don't have to use the hooks with nylon discs, but it seems a shame to waste them!
    Also, I can hoist a heavy animal up just outside the open door, but could do with a system for transferring is to an internal rail.
    I think my best bet is to find a commercial refrigerated van fitter - anyone know one that could help?
    I don't need a vast amount either - about 3m should suffice with maybe some 90 degree bends. It will have to take the weight of large deer though, 300lbs+.
    Any ideas or direction greatly appreciated!
    MS
    Last edited by Monkey Spanker; 18-05-2011 at 22:51.

have a look at grey adams

M.S.
    That should be Gray & Adams, they live in Fraserburgh Aberdeenshire.
    They do a very good Larder and should be able to supply all the gear you require, or tell you where you can get it from.
    Alan

Thanks fella's, I'll give them a call!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    MS

These folk might be worth a call too: http://www.jaspergilbert.co.uk/contact-us.shtml

Regards JCS
    Cheers mate, I think that maybe the inspiration I was looking for! Their 'skid hooks' look ideal. I can get my nylon discs replaced with a flat bar hook and just have a round tube rail suspended from the roof. Nice one!
    MS

MS, if you're still looking then try Dave Stretton at Donington Deer Management, he's a fabricator and can pretty much make anything you spec out to him as well as being a good bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Cheers mate, I think that maybe the inspiration I was looking for! Their 'skid hooks' look ideal. I can get my nylon discs replaced with a flat bar hook and just have a round tube rail suspended from the roof. Nice one!
    MS

If you are going to use skid hooks check you still have sufficent height to hang your larger animals as you loose quite a bit of height with a skid hook.

If you have any commercial lorry breakers near by check them out as you may find a fridge lorry being scrapped that has the system you require.

Was going to suggest lorry breakers. Check if they are breaking a curtain sider, you want the top rail and the curtain buttons for the slider. This way you can drill and shackle your gimbrils without loosing too much hight
    Jim

How about using a commercial barn door top sliding rail. Your sliders might fit. Try Clarke of Nth Walsham near Bury St Edmunds.