Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pecar champion 6x42 rifle scope

pecar champion 6x42 rifle scope

hi lads heads up for a great stalking scope on e**y

Item number: 110688321028 sorry lads its a 6 x 45 even better
    Last edited by bow; 19-05-2011 at 04:59.

Great scopes,
    Bought 1 for 30 last year, was offered 250 but
    couldnt replace it for that.

I got Vair for 90 now thats a deal.

pecars are old school same as the old zeiss binos, not waterproof, not shockproof, old manual metal based phase coatings , do some research.

Even the cheap chinese (Leopold) optics blow them away. You cannot hide from technology, even if you try.

Quote Originally Posted by 308boy View Post
    pecars are old school same as the old zeiss binos, not waterproof, not shockproof, old manual metal based phase coatings , do some research.

Even the cheap chinese (Leopold) optics blow them away. You cannot hide from technology, even if you try.
    sorry I've got to call bullsh*t on that. I'd rate my 6x45 Pecar Champion as at least as good as my 8x56 Doctor in terms of light gathering and clarity, and better in terms of build quality. And with it's all steel construction and older style heavy build quality I'd back it to outlast the Doctor in bad conditions.

I've had a 4-10x45 which was as solid, but was getting on a bit and wasn't up to the 6x45. Still p*ssed all over cheap chinse optics though
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

I don't know how many Pecars you've seen, but the answer is clearly 'not many'.
    Pecar made some excellent scopes. The Champion models are waterproof, shockproof, hold a zero well and have glass comparable to the Swarovskis, Schmidts and the like of the same era.

hi will second that, i have had a 6x45 and found them to be far better qualty(than my leupold) and the clarity is excellent,
    i can only say you must have looked through a bad set, but even a bad set imo would be clearer than luepolds

I knew that would get you going, its like slagging land rovers too easy.

The ones I have seen are well past there best ex FC stalkers stuff and with no warranty and backup it is for me nostalgia driven.

They must be collectable and I am sure if you can source a good one it can be a good servant.

Each to their own happy hunting.
    Last edited by 308boy; 22-05-2011 at 12:01.

I knew that would get you going, its like slagging land rovers too easy.

The ones I have seen are well past there best ex FC stalkers stuff and with no warranty and backup it is for me nostalgia driven.

They must be collectable and I am sure if you can source a good one it can be a good servant.

Each to their own happy hunting.
    Thing is, what you said about them being not waterproof, shockproof or fogproof, and being bettered by chinese leupolds incorrect. Where as land rovers when compared with their direct competition (landcruisers and patrols not hiluxs and navaras) are technically inferior
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

cracking scopes, when i did a fc shooting test a few months ago the ranger was after mine. im sure someone will snap it up.