Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case annealing machine

Case annealing machine

Hi Guys, i know this should probably be in the reloading section but thought it may get more views in the general discussion.

I have 200 cases that im wanting annealed. I seem to remember a while back someone mentioning they had a machine to do it with. Im basically looking to pay someone to anneal 200 cases for me..

Any takers??

FFM

I do all mine myself, the reason the brass goes had is due to the movement of metal as the case expands in the rifle chamber and of course when you re-size. I heat mine up at the necks with a blow lamp and this softens the necks for resizing again, its easy to do. Look up how to do it on the net.

yeah, ive looked on the net.. im sure somebody out there has one of the machines which cost a small fortune and wants some cash to do a few hundred cases..

Ben

Perhaps some of the folk associated with this publication might know?

http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/
    http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/contacts.htm

Regards JCS

There was a guy over on UKVarminting offering annealing in return for a donation to H4H?

carefull how its done

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka View Post
    There was a guy over on UKVarminting offering annealing in return for a donation to H4H?
    U know who it was? Im not on UKV.. Ive sent a PM to someone on another forum, awaiting reply..

I use one of those metal expanding claw syringy type thingy's, used for retrieving dropped bolts from the depths of engine bays, to hold the end of the case as I spin it in a blowtorch flame - then just drop it into the water. I do it in the right sort of light so I can see the 'blue' coming over the shoulders as I turn it, the length of the holder gives excellent control over the turn rate / heat and it doesn't take long to get through a batch.

Then I use an airline to blow the excess water and loosened crud out and let them air dry, or pop them in the airing cupboard - I once tried to gently heat a batch over a ring to speed the process up and only succeeded in 'cooking' them, they took on a delicate shade of gunmetal and are now in the scrap bin.

I think the holder tool was a quid from one of the tools stalls at a gamefair, or you could try your local 99p shop or wilkos - it's the sort of useful thing they're likely to have.

atb
    FBW

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    U know who it was? Im not on UKV.. Ive sent a PM to someone on another forum, awaiting reply..
    Hi FFM
    The guy on UKV is registered as "John MH"
    Annealing for Charity - ukvarminting

Regards Steve

I'm almost set tup for it - have added a spindle onto my case tumbler to take cases. I just need to get some tempilaq for temperatur control then I'll give it a go. I've just been waiting until I've got enough needing it! If you're still needing them when I get round to it let me know I'll do them.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling