Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any one fancy a Blaser R8?

one day

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Sorry, does nothing for me. I would buy 2 or 3 of Dennis Groom's or Callum Ferguson's custom jobs for that same money first. And they would shoot better.

The wood is stunning, but the engraving's not up to much. The wolf seems a bit crude to me.

I handled a Blaser for the first time at the Keepers fair and didn't really get it. I could see that the engineering involved was impressive, but when compared with a simple bolt action it seemed very complicated. Other than the ability to reload quickly (which I'm not sure is a great advantage to many UK stalkers) I couldn't see the point. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Bob

Ill take 2!!!!!

Mind you i couldn't bring myself to take it out of the cabinet! I don't see the need for all the bling for what is essentially a tool. I've not seen many gold plated claw hammers.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

Damn the expense, give the cat another goldfish!

I don't like gold inlay on guns, it smacks of tastelessness to me but each to his own

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by 243Sako View Post
    Ill take 2!!!!!

Mind you i couldn't bring myself to take it out of the cabinet! I don't see the need for all the bling for what is essentially a tool. I've not seen many gold plated claw hammers.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako
    Colleague at work has a pair of Purdey hand engraved, gold inlaid duelling hammers......

I'd rather have a Sauer 202 Magma and about 10K change!!!

i could buy alot of stalking with that amount of dosh

Nah

Far to shiny might scare the deer - what a piece of kit to put on the wish list