Thread: Stalking in the rain

Stalking in the rain

I'm off stalking north of the border next week (ayrshire) and the weather looks like its going to be interesting (interesting in the biblical sense)
    As I'm committed to going do you have any recommendations that might help with the stalking?

ps. Does anyone have Noah's number?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Limulus, don't forget your PONCHO!!!

Best of luck, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

limulus.

Everything ready just had to stick the Lab in the car and I was off when it started tipping down. We also have very strong winds building up. Not wishing to put you off but I am told Goose Fat is waterproof.

Spiker

Don't think I've seen rain for 3 months

Atb Steve

It will stop when it gets to your skin
    no such thing as Bad weather just inappropreate clothing

[QUOTE=limulus;220423]I'm off stalking north of the border next week (ayrshire) and the weather looks like its going to be interesting (interesting in the biblical sense)
    As I'm committed to going do you have any recommendations that might help with the stalking?

QUOTE]

....a pair of mossy oak Speedos??
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    limulus.

Everything ready just had to stick the Lab in the car and I was off when it started tipping down. We also have very strong winds building up. Not wishing to put you off but I am told Goose Fat is waterproof.

Spiker
    Goose fat works well, I know a man who used it to re-proof his wax cotton once and it worked a treat. I have to say though when we stopped for a pint on the way home and got seated in a nice little pub by the fire the reek was awfull, soon cleared the area and we were left in peace!!

Skin is water proof lol so why worry. But if you think like a roe deer you will not go far wrong if its driving rain and wind they are normally found in the small fire brakes or even smaller drainage ditches .Looking over large clear fells is normally a waist of time. The deer are really on the move here with bucks getting ejected out every were

I've had my eye on a beauty Davie, just hoping I can catch up with him this time.
    I'm not going to need the goose fat, plenty of Tony fat already in place
    Thanks for the help gents, pics on thursday.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks