Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 for 1

1 for 1

just a quick one, is a 1 for 1 variation applied for on an application certificate just without the refferee`s....many thanks eddie

for a one for one variation just get in touch with your licensing plod; no referees needed

cheers lads where it asks what firearms i wish to purchase i just put the one im swapping the old one for is it...??

You will have to get rid of the old firearm first and get a receipt to give to the Police, as it does not increase the numbers in your posession it will be free. You may have to fill in paperwork but no refs. are needed.
    I did a free two for two recently !

HWH

why is everything so complicated when it comes to firearms...simple way to complete 1 for 1 keep your gun untill 1 for 1 is completed then take new certificate and old gun to gun shop swap for new gun the had over your old certificate....police way, do deal at gun shop leave old gun and new gun there send off paperwork and 1 for 1 variation and be without any gun for upto a month....

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    why is everything so complicated when it comes to firearms...simple way to complete 1 for 1 keep your gun untill 1 for 1 is completed then take new certificate and old gun to gun shop swap for new gun the had over your old certificate....police way, do deal at gun shop leave old gun and new gun there send off paperwork and 1 for 1 variation and be without any gun for upto a month....
    Even more bizarre is having to go through all that to swap a moderator... It no wonder variations take so long
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Apollo,

So if the gunshop you are selling to is in Aberdeen and the gunshop you are buying from is in Southampton....

Stan

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Give the FLO a phone and ask if they will do a 1 For 1 like this,

The "X" calibre rifle may be purchased when the "Y" calibre rifle is sold, this will alow you to sell "X" and buy "Y" the same same day........Therefor not being without a rifle for any time what so ever. Northern were extremely helpful when I asked for that.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Apollo,

So if the gunshop you are selling to is in Aberdeen and the gunshop you are buying from is in Southampton....

Stan
    mine isnt so why is there no common sense approach i could use my gun whilst paper work is done the take new rifle to shop go to firearms dept hand over paperwork and old licence pick up new one and down to get new gun....