Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Cat

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Big Cat

Seen at Loch Ness-

>>BIG CAT STORY>>

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Im sick and tired of all these "Big cat" stories,one seen here,one seen there.Im sure by now if there was any Big cats roaming our countryside there would be photographic evidence of a one lying next to a picture of someones rifle or hanging in a garage or such like.Im not having a "pop" Tartinjock.
    Atb John

When i last saw my feo we were chatting about having 2 rifles in the same calibre for the same purpose/reason, he said that 1 guy had asked for a 2nd .243 so he could use nv. Which i replied "that sounds fair enough" he then went onto tell me that it was to take care of a "big cat" that had been killing/eating his sheep!!!
    I laughed but the feo had spoken to 4 different people that had seen the big cat too!

Yep he got his 2nd .243 (i said i would want to be using my .308 AT LEAST!!!)

ATB
    Daz

Oh yes that is only 5 miles West of Paisley I was told the story on Wednesday night by the very person .
    The sheep were check seemingly ,the findings were of a big cat damage, mmmmm me thinks, i was told to goggle it the story is on the web ,not my bag if it hasn't got deer stamped on i ain't too interested .
    But in saying that ,if it was walking across a field ,the high speed good news would be sent in pursuit ,now i here you think but its not on his ticket ,so what it would look good on the back of a chair .

I seen a pair of bright red eyes in a wood 200 yards away.. so bright, so clear and i have never seen anything as red and as clear EVER... Any ideas??

I think big cats eyes reflect bright yellow. Human eyes reflect bright red (like in badly taken photos)

ATB
    Daz

I once saw a set of really bright red eyes in the edge of s wood, turned out to be a reflector on the back of a trailor, how many of you guys have seen the same and gone as far as scoping them only to see what they really are ?
    Tikkat3

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    I once saw a set of really bright red eyes in the edge of s wood, turned out to be a reflector on the back of a trailor, how many of you guys have seen the same and gone as far as scoping them only to see what they really are ?
    Tikkat3
    whats more how many trailors have shot out reflectors !!

Can't help thinking that if these things existed in the wild, then some stalker somewhere would have come across one during an early morning or late evening outing. Probably like yourselves, I've lost count of the amount of different species of wild animals and birds I've seen whilst stalking so odds would favour a group like ourselves being most likely to come across one, if they are indeed out there!

The red eyes i seen were some inches apart and moving and blinking and yes they were as red as trailer reflectors....