Thread: Roe Fawns/Kids

Roe Fawns/Kids

My wife and I were out walking the dog this morning and came across this:-

Nothing unusual but last week I was stalking only about a mile away and there were Kids that I would have said were around a month old.
    Before finding this fawn, we'd disturbed the best buck that I've seen for years in the same meadow.
    Oh and yes I do have the stalking there
    Cheers, Pete.

Superb downwind.
    One of natures masterpieces.
    S.

RSPCA get ready.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    RSPCA get ready.
    Why

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Why
    Because I should imagine that some silly ill informed bugger will come across it & think its been abandoned!

Brilliant pic by the way

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    Because I should imagine that some silly ill informed bugger will come across it & think its been abandoned!

Brilliant pic by the way

Chris
    OK, just to humour any "silly ill informed buggers", not such a good photo but here's mother (centre left)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Pete.

Had the "silly ill informed buggers" 2 years ago on one of my grounds, I had just arrived & was getting the kit sorted from the truck when a bunch of walkers came down the track, seeing me with the Mannlicher slung across my back they said " oh we were walking across the field over there & saw a baby deer in the hedge, should someone do something about it"!!

"Why were you in that field" says I "when there is no footpath within 1/2 mile of here" "oh we were just out for an evenings stroll" says they"!! "We thought it was ok to walk across here".

So after 5 minutes of educational talk from me on where they could & couldn't walk & some deer ecology off they went much more informed. Oh & I shot a nice Buck that evening.

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Chris, yep they get everywhere don't they!
    [IMG][/IMG] Another lovely picture!
    Pete.
    PS Mrs downwind took them, not me