Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great swap hunt

Another great swap hunt

Hi All
    A while back we had Jon (Rick o shea) and his mate Clive up onthe Muntjac and last weekend we had a trip back to shoot some Sommerset Roe.

We had limited time so we popped down Saturday night/Sunday morning.
    We met the guys and had some bacon sarnies cooked to perfection by Jons mum then we were off stalking.

Andy and Clive headed off to one patch of ground and Jon and I went the another.

We stalked a young plantation which the cover was a bit to high to give us much chance but Jon was keen to try and get me a big buck he had seen there unfortuneatley the buck and a smaller friend spotted us before we spotted them.
    We continued our stalk into a hay meadow where we spotted a young spiker and after quite along stand off he presented a shot which I took off the sticks the 95 grain ballistic tip from my .243 Blaser dropping him where he was stood.
    We then stalked around a couple of big fields in a big circle before heading back to where we started when Jon spotted a buck about 100 yards away from where I shot the first this one a six pointer. We were up a bank above the buck and the low cover allowed me to crawl around the corner and take a shot off the bipod. Again the .243 dropped the buck where he stood.
    We headed off to another area to look for another but the light beat us.

We headed home and met up with live and Andy they had seen a huge buck but lost the light before they got a shot
    Again Jons mum treated us to some great food and I drunk too much wine just for a change

Sunday morning came very quick and Jon and I stalked a beutiful estate and saw a few deer including a young buck but failed to get a shot, the highlight of the morning for me was watching two roe twins suckling in the morning sun in a young plantation.

Andy had a bit more luck Sunday morning but I will let him tell his side.

Thanks again Jon and Clive and a big thanks to Jons mum for making us so welcome and feeding us so well.

Cheers Wayne

Wayne, you really must try our Zummerzet zider. You might not shoot straight after but you`ll see more deer!
    Yet another good weekend for you.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

wayne good to see you out on your travels enjoying some me time
    I thought jon would have got you on some rough cider while down here
    in somerset instead of a girlie drink

nice to see your knocking em down with a proper rifle
    regards pete .

Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post

nice to see your knocking em down with a proper rifle
    regards pete .
    Bought a SAKO wayne mate??
    Well done buddy.

Well done guys.

Don't be fooled by Zummerset Zider you know our cider is better

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Well done buddy.
    just in the process of selling the sako nothing wrong with a sako just seen the light
    regards pete .

Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Well done guys.

Don't be fooled by Zummerset Zider you know our cider is better

Jon
    Better for cleaning your silverware!!
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Well done buddy.

Naa still got the Blaser mate

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Wayne, you really must try our Zummerzet zider. You might not shoot straight after but you`ll see more deer!
    Yet another good weekend for you.
    basil.
    Think I'll pass on the scrumpy, a few mates and I took 16 gallon to a rock festival many years ago and I've never quite got the taste for it since we took 16 gallon of perry the year after I aint very keen on that know either

We only came back with one half a gallon and in a week it split the plastic container no wonder my guts felt a bit dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE DAVIES View Post
    Think I'll pass on the scrumpy, a few mates and I took 16 gallon to a rock festival many years ago and I've never quite got the taste for it since we took 16 gallon of perry the year after I aint very keen on that know either

We only came back with one half a gallon and in a week it split the plastic container no wonder my guts felt a bit dodgy
    Shame you never got sick of the music mate, some of that crap you play in your truck. Bring on george micheal LOL