Hi from Wiltshire

snapper5

Hi All -

In my 40's, I've been shooting rifles for the last few years, which started after rabbits invaded my garden and ate all my newly planted purple sprouting plants. Began with a 12ft/lb air rifle and subsequently FAC air, 17HMR and .223. I have just been granted permission for a 6.5 x 55 for deer. I have also just (this weekend) passed a deer management course on which I shot my first Roe buck.

I see passing the course as the equivalent of passing a driving test; it is just the bare minimum and I recognise I have so much more to learn. Hopefully some of that knowledge will come from reading and contributing to this forum.

S

Snapper

Welcome on board and congratulations both on passing the course and getting permission for your rifle. There are quite a few of us here from the Wilts/Berks/Oxon area, so you're in good company!

Look forward to reading your posts.

willie_gunn

Hello Snapper and welcome to the site, you have chosen the right place to learn, some of it may even be useful :D :D

Remember the more you put into it the more you will get out of it.

John

snapper5 said:
I've been shooting rifles for the last few years, which started after rabbits invaded my garden and ate all my newly planted purple sprouting plants. Began with a 12ft/lb air rifle and subsequently FAC air, 17HMR and .223.

You must have a very big garden or very big bunnies if you are shooting them off your purple sprouting with a .223! :lol:

Welcome to the site Snapper.

Hi Snapper,
You can spend hours going through the posts on here,
There is so much good info from very knowledgeable people on this site
The site caters for all levels of experience.

Look forward to reading your posts

Smithy

Back