Bad breath in dogs

375 mag

Hi anybody got a cure for bad dog breath, His teeth appear fine and ive not changed his food ?

Very funny !! However at ten to two in a night club when ya pi**ed it does'nt usually matter!!

Bad breath can be a sign of other things going on in the dog other than bad teeth (although they are the most common cause). Had a lady bring a dog in who's breath had started smelling and turned out it was an early sign of kidney problems.

I would get the beastie checked out by your vet.

Kidney problems " i hope not anyone got any any quick remedies to try otherwise like Apache says i may need to take him to the vets !!

Brush its teeth! My labrador apparently has rotten breath so I have to brush their teeth every few days.

Stacey

the thing is with dogs is they eat, all sorts of treats and different types of dog food that is in meat form or dried form, and like us a mixture of foods can send you smelling both ends, usually its a change that does it or just feeding him or her different treats or even human foods but after saying that, it is best to just have him checked as an experts advise is always best, its probaly nothing mate, and i would say that if you licked your bum as much as that your breath would smell lol, no but on a serious note have him checked by a vet.

hi as says in post could be some thing else going on, our Beagle max started getting bad breath then one day he started rolling about in agony and crying took him to the vets 20 past 12 at night left him there went to vets in the morning and they hit us with the bad news turned out the crying and bad breath was a lymphonic tumour that burst he has cost so far 4 grand in vets bills thank christ he is insured they told us he has limited time left so just enjoy and make him happy as pos the Dick White centre in Newmarket were fantastic, we are gutted. so some thing unusual with the dog get it checked Q.A.P.

paul

Always, Always, consult a veterinarian .............. it's no good guessing, think about it, if you had a person who had gone down & the breath smelled like pear drops?.......... straight on to casualty!

never mind all the old wives tales and crap , Apache is a vet , like he says get the dog to a vet dont mess about

feed it a raw carrot, skin and all every other day, sorts it well

A field trial chap i know used to chuck his dogs a raw carrot, one of them won the retriever championship :D, but i would just get it checked over by the vet. im not saying carrots wont do them no harm, ask the vet.

Back