Roe sacks

daventus

HI ALL,
IM AFTER A NEW ROE SACK CAN ANY OF YOU ADVISE WHICH ONE,I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN THE HARKILA OR GARLANDS:confused:,UNLESS YOU KNOW OF SOMETHING BETTER,TA VERY MUCH:tiphat:

I ended up with 2 through winning one of poppins off her in the H4H auction and getting one as a present within 2 weeks of each other. The harkila is good. Its big with lots of pockets and is very comfortable to carry. Poppins is even bigger (sika sack) very comfortable to carry very well made and looks like it'll last a life time. I prefer poppins but feel obliged to use the harkila as it was a present and it does have its advantages as like i said loads of pockets and again well made. You wont go wrong with either. Just do a search on her for roe sacks and poppins and you'll find a couple of threads on them so give them a look.

George

George is right, search for threads relating to Poppins. Mine is nearly 20 years old! Poppins fully refurbished it last year including a new outer. All canvas and leather with a tarpaulin type inner. The sort of item that wears in rather than wears out if you know what I mean. JC

I got a Harkila as a present aswell, and I have to say for my stalking it is excellent. Mainly Munties and Roe on my land, so can shoot a couple and get them in no problem. The liner is very strong, and has not torn or ripped yet, though it is quite hard to keep clean, as there are lots of folds which trap blood, debris etc... Ok for a few stalks, but then needs to be hosed out to stop it from smelling - too bad !!!

Having read # 2 + 3, I am going to look at poppins though... Like the sound of a canvas bag...

I can second the Harkila shout, awesome sack with some good features does get a little stinky though if you dont keep it clean!!

Back