Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yank Wondering about Shooting around Aberlour July8-11

Yank Wondering about Shooting around Aberlour July8-11

My family and I will be Aberlour to honor my grandfather's passing with a memorial bench across from the Macallen distillery on the River Spey. I am wondering about costs, availability, liscenses, or perhaps just the chance to see some deer in Scotland. If anyone comes over to this side of the pond, I can put you on some whitetails here in Michigan in season((Oct-Dec). Any information will be very helpful and appreciated.
    Thank you!! Hope the ash cloud goes away by then.

You could try this guy to see if he has anything available in that area

www.dunmhorsporting.com/

Hi
    There are plenty of Roe in that area as said before.

places to try,
    Derek at Ballindalloch stalking email enquiries@ballindallochstalking.co.uk
    John at http://www.stalkingschool.co.uk
    Knockando Estate please PM if you require contact numbers

cost will be around 90 per outing plus trophies for morning or evening stalk.

If you are ever back in the area and looking for accommodation with or without shooting please contact me. I am just down the road from Aberlour.

Hi woodwhore,
    Good luck on your quest. I was 2 years working in detroit and 6 months in Holland, Mi. Nice part of the world once you get away from the cities. Tried my hand on whitetails in Nov with a shotgun (the law). had no luck though.
    Do not forget that the game fair is being held at the end of July and that would put some icing on your vacation cake. I could perhaps organise a muntjac for you nearby to the Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire venue.
    Martin

i can recommend john at stalking school , we have been with john on several stalks and had some great shooting , he got roe and reds there, reasonably priced and some great stalking over varied ground

Hi
    If you have'nt got something sorted yet, PM me, might be able to help
    Alan

I thank you all for replying. I don't have a UK hunting or shooting licence, and so I guess shooting is out. I hope to enjoy the Highlands and maybe see some deer. My offer is still on for hunting here in Michigan for any brave souls and some quality ales after the chases.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwhore View Post
    I thank you all for replying. I don't have a UK hunting or shooting licence, and so I guess shooting is out. I hope to enjoy the Highlands and maybe see some deer. My offer is still on for hunting here in Michigan for any brave souls and some quality ales after the chases.
    don't see why a lack of hunting or shooting licence would be a problem, you would be accommodated under the "estate rifle" exemption, I am sure some one can give chapter and verse on it
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Woody,
    Ask for the Estate rifle.
    IN