Thread: Highclere game and country fair.

Highclere game and country fair.

Anybody from my neck of the woods going ?

will be helping out on the BDS stand if anybody fancy's a chat..!!!

Anthony

Who is the current stalker on Highclere?

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Who is the current stalker on Highclere?
    The deer manager at Highclere is Robert Hawker.

I shall be moseying by. Have tickets and a need to find a farmer who would like me to keep some bees on his land later this year.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Hi Both, Just the three of us, If I make it. A fairly busy weekend- Bisley Saturday, Judging at a Young Farmers do on Sunday. Monday to ourselves. Might see you there.

What do young farmers do that you have to judge?............. That could be a bit of a leading question.
    Go get it in deeper my son. or You have to get a firm grip............

There is always one to lower the tone. I'll get my coat.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Hi Singing, I am judging the junior section. pluck and prepare a pigeon for the table and adults Skin and joint a rabbit for the table.
    By the way, I have a smallholding near Wantage with a spare corner, that you could put a couple of hives on.

I have to say I am interested in how to prepare and joint a rabbit. My technique is slow and leaves a bit (ahem lot) to be desired.
    Thanks for the offer of the bee spot. I need to keep it close to me as I have to visit once a week and wantage is a bit far even if I pop into see some friends up that way for a cuppa. Actually I haven't been to see them this year. Must pop up and see them soon. If I stop buying kit for shooting I can get my bike taxed and on the road.
    My current hive is at my local pub.........cant get better than that. But as the season goes on I intend to split the hive and with somebody offering to help me with a nuc or two so I hope to end up with 4 hives this year so will need to expand out.

Showing terriers this weekend sir