Thread: Stock for savage model 16 in .308

Stock for savage model 16 in .308

hey guys a qustion for you. My father has a .308 savage but he wants a new stock for it. the one he has he does not think is stiff enough and would to stiffen it up by replecing it.Has any one got any suggestions as what best or who would make them? he doesnt want to spend crazy money. thanks

anoyone out there got a name of someone who makes rifle stocks?

does he want wood or fiberglass ,i know richards micro fit do a ton of wood and laminate stocks and they inlet for a model 16 ,laminate is pretty stiff compared to wood

yeah would probably be a laminate one he is wanting as that is what is on just now. yeah had a look at richards already he does have some nice stocks. was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as dont want to rush into things.

sharp shooter supply is the only other ,they only do a few versions and most are target and tactical types

Quote Originally Posted by pablo.222 View Post
    yeah would probably be a laminate one he is wanting as that is what is on just now. yeah had a look at richards already he does have some nice stocks. was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as dont want to rush into things.
    Pablo. The 243 in my gallery is a Richards Microfit stock. Cheap to buy, but not cheap to fit. Cromarty Guns (was Thomson & Campbell) pillar bedded it and finished it for me. Good luck. JCS